Not flying straight

It might be something related to the most current firmware but it is not the calibration on the remote and here is why, I flew an automated flight with maps made easy parallel to the road but the craft flew skewed and the camera took the photos crooked. My camera is perfectly aligned to the front of the craft so it is flying crooked.Sent to DJI for warranty after 9 flights

Reactions: AIRSPACE
No mine continuously nodded up-and-down and wouldn't stop. Now it just goes through the normal start-up procedure and all is good

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Glad you found a solution, without having to deal with warranty or replacement.:cool:

It might be something related to the most current firmware but it is not the calibration on the remote and here is why, I flew an automated flight with maps made easy parallel to the road but the craft flew skewed and the camera took the photos crooked. My camera is perfectly aligned to the front of the craft so it is flying crooked.Sent to DJI for warranty after 9 flights
Is it possible that the Maps Made Easy App for the P4P is at fault? It uses a new SDK.

Is it possible that the Maps Made Easy App for the P4P is at fault? It uses a new SDK.
I have 3 other mapping programs so i guess I could give them a try but my craft also fly's crooked manually. My P4 does not have these issues

My bird doesnt seem to want to fly straight at all either, itll drift to the right and then when moving backwards itll drift slightly to the left.

After a compass calibration it seems better. But I only seemed to have experienced this issue after latest firmware. Just my ancedotal experience.

Reactions: PapiGordo
Hey guys. Thank you for explanation of these things we should consider as well as calibration of different stuff.

I am experiencing the same problem: my p4pro drifts slightly to the right when I decently or all the way push the right stick forward. But just sometimes (I'd say in 30% of cases).
I was looking on flight logs in DJI go 4 app yesterday and realised that sometimes I do move right stick to the right very very slightly (2-4%, sometimes 8 %) when flying forward. I'd like to mention, after bird buying I've made my RC sticks a tiny bit longer (2-3 millimeters) by unscrewing these ones and screwing them again a little bit "upper".

1) Can you provide some ideas about how to avoid that side stick movements? I know about operating without gloves, being calm and probably in warm temperatures (your fingertips shouldn't be frozen). Maybe something about sensitivity?

2) Imagine I push the right stick forward perfectly (no side stick movements). The aircraft is in GPS mode. Can in this case crosswind (let's say 4-7 m/s) cause that drift of your MOVING phantom?

Thank you!

Imagine I push the right stick forward perfectly (no side stick movements). The aircraft is in GPS mode. Can in this case crosswind (let's say 4-7 m/s) cause that drift of your MOVING phantom?
No .. in a light breeze like that, GPS should prevent drift and keep your Phantom on course.

No .. in a light breeze like that, GPS should prevent drift and keep your Phantom on course.
Hm, doesn't this video explain why GPS can not prevent slight blowing out of flying aircraft?
- SEE FROM 4:40.
Thanks.

Hm, doesn't this video explain why GPS can not prevent slight blowing out of flying aircraft?
No .. nothing there relates to course holding ability in a breeze.
Here's a track of a two kilometre straight flight (the homeward upper one) recorded with a 10-12 knot wind blowing at right angles to the course flown - nice and straight because of GPS position holding.
i-qHG3CMs-L.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez