Not enough power for takeoff

Reaction score
I hadn't used my phantom for a while and tried using it yesterday and it didn't have enough power for a take-off. Tried several fully charged batteries, lights were all good but it didn't even look like taking off. I have been playing with it and fitted wide legs and Chinese camera gimble recently. I also removed the prop guards and started putting in the longer screws before realising they had bottomed out.
I don't think weight is an issue but am concerned I may have damaged a motor with the long screw. Is there a way to test the motors as they are all spinning, hard to tell if all are same RPM.
I made changes to the camera gimble settings in the software and wouldn't have thought that would be an issue.
I also made use of the internal power lead to power the gimble.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re calibrate the radio in the firmware and make sure the sticks are working correctly. Might not be getting full throttle. Just a thought???

slothead said:
easeman said:
I made changes to the camera gimble settings in the software and wouldn't have thought that would be an issue.
Gimbal settings? Are you in the wrong forum? Or have you modded with a gimbal?

Yes as stated in the post I have added wide legs and a Chinese gimble.

Sorry Im a relative newbie and it might be in the wrong forum

jerrymac12000 said:
What is the takeoff weight? Suggested limit is 1200 grams.

I haven't weighed it but its all standard except the wide/long legs and a 2 axis gimble. I would have thought it was well under 1200g.

Cajvol94 said:
Re calibrate the radio in the firmware and make sure the sticks are working correctly. Might not be getting full throttle. Just a thought???
It doesn't appear to be getting full power. Would that involve opening the radio to access the USB plug?

not per se. You can do a quick stick calibration in NAZAM assistant software.
In case you do open the controller for a thorough calibration/check, be careful and don't break your antenna cable. I did when I opened it and it was stuck a bit. Janked the antenna cable off the Tx board when the bottom shell suddenly cam loose after applying a bit force.

Calibrate it first like Lake Flyer says thur the Naza software when hooked to your phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl