Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Not enough power for takeoff

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by easeman, Aug 10, 2014.

1. easeman

I hadn't used my phantom for a while and tried using it yesterday and it didn't have enough power for a take-off. Tried several fully charged batteries, lights were all good but it didn't even look like taking off. I have been playing with it and fitted wide legs and Chinese camera gimble recently. I also removed the prop guards and started putting in the longer screws before realising they had bottomed out.
    I don't think weight is an issue but am concerned I may have damaged a motor with the long screw. Is there a way to test the motors as they are all spinning, hard to tell if all are same RPM.
    I made changes to the camera gimble settings in the software and wouldn't have thought that would be an issue.
    I also made use of the internal power lead to power the gimble.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. Cajvol94

Re calibrate the radio in the firmware and make sure the sticks are working correctly. Might not be getting full throttle. Just a thought???

3. slothead

Gimbal settings? Are you in the wrong forum? Or have you modded with a gimbal?

4. jerrymac12000

What is the takeoff weight? Suggested limit is 1200 grams.

5. easeman

Yes as stated in the post I have added wide legs and a Chinese gimble.

Sorry Im a relative newbie and it might be in the wrong forum

6. easeman

I haven't weighed it but its all standard except the wide/long legs and a 2 axis gimble. I would have thought it was well under 1200g.

7. easeman

It doesn't appear to be getting full power. Would that involve opening the radio to access the USB plug?

8. lake_flyer

not per se. You can do a quick stick calibration in NAZAM assistant software.
    In case you do open the controller for a thorough calibration/check, be careful and don't break your antenna cable. I did when I opened it and it was stuck a bit. Janked the antenna cable off the Tx board when the bottom shell suddenly cam loose after applying a bit force.

9. Cajvol94

Calibrate it first like Lake Flyer says thur the Naza software when hooked to your phantom.