No signal

Reaction score
I am brand new at this. I bought a Phantom 3 standard and began working my way the the DJI Videos. With tablet # 1, I was able to do a prop check and got video on my device. It said to do a firmware update so I did. I do not recall if I still had a signal after the update. I believe I was trying to move on to the IMU calibration. It seems that I powered off the P3 as instructed but I never got back to doing the IMU cal. Meanwhile, that tablet went TU. I tried to get a replacement but was unable to (long story). I bought a different tablet and I have been getting a 'No Signal'. However, this evening I was able to get a momentary connection 3-4 times (safe to fly) but nothing that lasts. I appear to be linked (light is green and props work). I have tried removing and reinstalling the Go App but that was not been successful. I know some others have had trouble with the last firmware update but I have not been able to revert to the earlier version using the means I have found on the web. Any ideas? Also, on the initial APP screen where you select CAMERA, that screen says I am connected to the aircraft. What exactly does the 'No Signal' mean, anyway?

Hum, you don't need start the props for this but can you see the camera view on your mobile device?

Hum, you don't need start the props for this but can you see the camera view on your mobile device?
I have to interpret what you mean by 'camera view'. On the Go App screen I have a button titled "Camera". If I tap that I go to a screen with a red 'no signal' at the top. The P3 camera is not activated. I have seen that and know what that looks like. What would happen if I reformat the SD card?

Funny, I having problems with your wording also.:)
So, yes
And you should see the camera even without a sd card, so.... new thought can you format the sd card with the app. That would give me some clues.

You haven't said what tablet you are using. Just stabbing here, but let's make sure the tablet is one that should work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The tablet is an Azpen. I am on day 13 of a two month road trip so I'll reformat this evening and let you know. What do you mean by 'you should see the camera'?

Sorry, camera view, what the camera is viewing. Hope that makes scene.

I cannot see what the camera sees anymore. I could with my first tablet and before the firmware update. I'm not sure if the camera could see after the update. I have not reformatted the sd card as of yet.

I cannot see what the camera sees anymore. I could with my first tablet and before the firmware update. I'm not sure if the camera could see after the update. I have not reformatted the sd card as of yet.
Have you got it sorted John?
I have done over 800km with my P3P using apple tablet.
Tried my Note 5 with Litchi and DJI GO and neither provide me with a connection to my P3.(they have in the past)

I am brand new at this. I bought a Phantom 3 standard and began working my way the the DJI Videos. With tablet # 1, I was able to do a prop check and got video on my device. It said to do a firmware update so I did. I do not recall if I still had a signal after the update. I believe I was trying to move on to the IMU calibration. It seems that I powered off the P3 as instructed but I never got back to doing the IMU cal. Meanwhile, that tablet went TU. I tried to get a replacement but was unable to (long story). I bought a different tablet and I have been getting a 'No Signal'. However, this evening I was able to get a momentary connection 3-4 times (safe to fly) but nothing that lasts. I appear to be linked (light is green and props work). I have tried removing and reinstalling the Go App but that was not been successful. I know some others have had trouble with the last firmware update but I have not been able to revert to the earlier version using the means I have found on the web. Any ideas? Also, on the initial APP screen where you select CAMERA, that screen says I am connected to the aircraft. What exactly does the 'No Signal' mean, anyway?
I also have the same problem only I have a P3 Pro and a Samsung cell phone. It was working fine and when I got a new LG V10 cell phone it all went to crap. I checked and found a new firmware update and now I get no signal on both phones. I also had problems updating the controller, but while attempting to get it running I got a message on my old phone to update the controller so I did that with no positive results. The update went fine, but I still get "No signal" and it also shows the batteries are about dead. I tried to re-link the P3 to the controller and no positive results. I'll try and format the SD card and check back. Hopefully that will work.

Sorry for your problems. But I am majorly envious of your "two month road trip". Enjoy and have fun!!
Getting your bird in the sky will result in some amazing aerial shots to remember your road trip by!

I took a two week road trip with my family in the spring and loved it. No drone though. Just bought it for my trip I am on now up in Maine. I've got some beautiful footage of the Maine coastline this week. It's my last day here, which is why I'm jealous.
But have fun and get that thing working!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I formatted the SD card and still got the same error message after a few seconds of "Safe to Fly" on the app. This time though I got the camera to operate and was getting an intermittent error message from my cell phone thinking the USB cable was supposed to charge the phone. Any way I thought about that for a second and hey!....Maybe I have a bad USB cable? I'll pick one up today and see if that changes anything. What the hell? I'll give it a shot and post later.

Why are you using a USB cable to connect to your phone? Your phone should connect to the controller via WiFi. Turn on the controller, wait a few seconds then check your phone to make sure it's connected via WiFi to "Phantom......"

I have a P3S and an IPhone 5s. I've never connected it to the controller via ANY kind of cable. If I'm near the house, I have to manually choose "Phantom..." as the WiFi connection or it will automatically connect to my home WiFi instead.

If I'm connected to my home WiFi instead of the phantom, I get "no signal" too.

Well I'll be a son of a...thanks Pharm. I did note my connection to the home wi-fi and that it was in and out. Thanks again!

Why are you using a USB cable to connect to your phone? Your phone should connect to the controller via WiFi. Turn on the controller, wait a few seconds then check your phone to make sure it's connected via WiFi to "Phantom......"

I have a P3S and an IPhone 5s. I've never connected it to the controller via ANY kind of cable. If I'm near the house, I have to manually choose "Phantom..." as the WiFi connection or it will automatically connect to my home WiFi instead.

If I'm connected to my home WiFi instead of the phantom, I get "no signal" too.
The P3A/P connect to remote via USB

So a P3A/P connects WiFi and or USB to your mobile?

So the USB is just for updates and Live streaming?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl