NO LIGHT - NO FLIGHT

Michigan_PI said:
Dirty Bird said:
I remember seeing a video a couple of months back where this poor chap had his Phantom powered on in the house. One of his batteries was making intermittent contact, the transmitter powered off, at which point the Phantom naturally decided, "Hey I lost control signal I'm outta here!" After the fact, the ensuing chaos as the Phantom went berserk indoors was comical. The poor guy wound up with stitches I believe and said he nearly lost a finger.

That's funny, I had that happen on maybe my 5th flight (not indoors though). First time flying it in my driveway.
I turned on, waited for the 7th sat, hit CSC and immediately got LOSS OF CONTROL SIGNAL. I crapped my pants, and hollered "noooooo" as it shot up thinking.. ,that was a quick $1369 down the toilet' then it parked at 20m and hovered for a few seconds before it started coming back down and my transmitter powered back on again. After landing it, I found that a battery in the Tx had shifted and power cycled the Tx.
I immediately changed the Tx batteries (and my shorts) and all was well.

I saw that Video DB.
Ironically he was a real Pilot. He had to take 2 weeks off because he broke his toe and cut his finger.
He bumped the transmitter and it turned off for a sec. The phantom had its prop on indoors and tried to go to last known home position which was outside.
This is why people shouldn't be tight on the Transmitter (Tx) 4 x AA Batteries. The non-branded batteries sometimes aren't perfect in size and sometimes don't reach the contact. It just takes a small bump and the phantom thinks there is loss of controller. Rechargables is another arguement. Alkaline = 4 x 1.5V and Rechargables are 4 x 1.25 volts. Do the maths and It's a drop in 1 volt.
I have heard the lithium energiser range is about 20-40hr flight time. It's not like you need to replace on a daily basis.
Just pay the extra to keep your bird in control.

And also, if you're testing or indoors, take the props off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl