No Image Trans…options for repair/replace

Reaction score
Lost image transmission-went completely out temporarily during -40F test session and image trans would delay for a second on spool up after that. Then a few weeks later zero imagery on startup but still had gimbal pitch and all other functions. When shutting down bird after this failure a b/w still of what was in front of the camera would be on the screen for a second or two before shutdown. Then even that stopped. Rest of bird is fine. Firmware upgrade failed repeatedly as did reformatting the SD card. Re-conn disconnect message in results. Bird is under warranty from Bestbuy(early Jan purchase) but I am considering just buying a new camera to get up and running quicker than if I go up against DJI's Warranty Inquisition. LeighMarine on Ebay has the Pro camera assy for $330 in two weeks to DJI's 5-6 weeks for a $389 camera and who knows how long for a warranty resolution. Anybody have any experience with other than DJI vendors for cameras? How long does a DJI warranty replacement usually take if they approve it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT-I just realized that my bird has1 .10 something and the highest FW I could find on the DJI website was 1.9 something…whats up with that? what am I missing here?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan