No image is available. Return to home?

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I ran into a tricky situation today that's got me stumped.
Flying where I flew the day before, no changes to anything but when the drone was out 200 metres, I get this screen:
i-sXsHnrm-M.png

Followed by this:
i-Fqf69VK-M.png

No amount of restarting the app or pulling the cable and reconnecting made any difference.
I brought the drone back in and rebooted everything, changed batteries and had several attempts that all went the same way. The last stopped at only 13 metres.
I haven't run into this before and always got past any lost signal glitches but this one has me stumped.
Does anyone have a suggestion that might get me past this?

Have you tried deleting cache and/or Data?

Was the device getting hot?

I recently had installed a HDMI module (P3 controller) and it got hot after 5-10 mins and lost connection. Could be either the drone transmitter, the controller receiver components or the display device.

Had the same thing happen to me. Right after I took off on the first flight of the day. I had a dark screen on my iPad and that warning, but it only lasted for a few seconds. My Phantom3P was only about 200 feet away from me. My battery was 98% and signal was good. So I continue my flight and flew more than a half mile away with no more problems. I also flew one more battery about 10 mins. with no problems.

I recently had installed a HDMI module (P3 controller) and it got hot after 5-10 mins and lost connection. Could be either the drone transmitter, the controller receiver components or the display device.
Thanks ... I didn't notice additional heat and I've gone through the settings to see what I could clean up. (I'm using Android)
Will have to try again later to see how it goes.
Had the same thing happen to me. Right after I took off on the first flight of the day. I had a dark screen on my iPad and that warning, but it only lasted for a few seconds.
Unfortunately this lasted more than a few seconds. I was stuck on the screens above and couldn't get anything more out of the app.

Thanks ... I didn't notice additional heat and I've gone through the settings to see what I could clean up. (I'm using Android)
Will have to try again later to see how it goes.

Unfortunately this lasted more than a few seconds. I was stuck on the screens above and couldn't get anything more out of the app.
Give dji a call

I haven’t had this in particular, but have had two or three unexplained “technical” glitches that were one-offs... unexplainable, but never recurred.

I’ve believed that after a shut down and cool off, that something is resetting... much the way a desktop computer needs that once in a while.

There’s a whole bunch of stuff going on and while I’d love a black and white answer, sometimes you don’t get one and you never see it again.

Otherwise, my best suggestion is the same as ianzone’s.

Been searchin on this only found few post addressing this issue and they not really a fix,more experimenting and have fluked a fix, got another device to try,what was the message logo on where the camera shutter button,not seen that before

Not sure if it's related but returning from a fairly long trip yesterday, I had the disconnected message pop up and the option to return to home. I had no choice as I lost sight of the drone above the tree canopy where I live. Both the AC and RC were still connected so I hit RTH and brought it back. When I landed and powered down/up, there were two prompts.
1. FW update to 1.9.3 for the RC
2. Update geofencing on the AC.
I did both and only then did I get camera view back on the app (iOS 11). I had never had that disconnect message before and the cynic in me suggests that I was being forced to upgrade or no flying for me.

I've reluctantly updated all firmware and the app and finally sorted out a glitch that made that difficult.
It all looked good on the ground but at about 100 metres out, the camera view goes black and nothing will bring the view back while it's still in the air.
i-vzf8tC6-L.png

I've reluctantly updated all firmware and the app and finally sorted out a glitch that made that difficult.
It all looked good on the ground but at about 100 metres out, the camera view goes black and nothing will bring the view back while it's still in the air.
i-vzf8tC6-L.png
Just a thought could sd card cause some coruption like that,do you have cam veiw with card out ?

i-vzf8tC6-L.png
Except for @ianzone suggesting swapping out the microSD card or removing it, have you tried using Litchi to narrow it down to either an app or hardware issue?

Absolute ripper of an idea- if Litchi throws a leg out of bed we can safely suspect AC or controller issue.
The problem is the same with Litchi except it just holds the last scene on the screen rather than going black.
Now I'm waiting for DJI online help to open on Monday and get things started with them.

The problem is the same with Litchi except it just holds the last scene on the screen rather than going black.
Now I'm waiting for DJI online help to open on Monday and get things started with them.
Well I hope that you're able to get some joy with DJI without having to send the kit off to them. Curious to see how this pans out given the sudden onset of this fault and the amount of experience you've got with the phantoms. A while back I had to delete a pile of crap from my iOS device and the Litchi app (approaching 1GB) to get rid of the lagging transmission and signal drop out events which was then backed up again recently with the RC FW and geo fence updates. Running fine again but will have to upgrade to a dedicated device shortly to cater for the size of the apps that we are needing to run.

Phantom 3 Pro
App. version 3.1.15
A/C version 1.11.20
Remote Controller version 1.9.2
iPad Air 2
iOS 11.0.1

I assume you are flying a Phantom 4. So we are using different apps. Could it be a usb cable or iOS 11, Apple, problem?

If you do need to send it off I’m not sure if you have had any earlier experience with the DJI repair facility in Melbourne? I have, they were extra good. I called the contact number from the shipping label to get an indication of turn around time, I was heading ti the bush and resigned to the fact I may have to buy another AC if it wouldn’t be back. The lady on the phone offered to give me priority attention. It was on its way back fixed the next day.

Reactions: Meta4
According to the DJI service centre, they blame a malfunctioning fpc cable and are replacing the Gimbal Flexible Flat Cable (Long).
Sure fooled me ... nothing obviously wrong to look at the cable and it gave perfect live view each flight but it would drop out after flying 10-200 metres.
Looking forward to flying again when it comes back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT