Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No GPS Telemetry

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by turbopbw, Nov 18, 2014.

1. turbopbw

All,
    I have a Phantom 2 vision, after a rather rough crash I no longer see GPS satellite count in the vision app. I can see all other telemetry information in the app and control the camera, etc.

I replaced the cable to the camera with a good one that I tested. The mainboard doesn't appear to have any visible issues. When I hookup my vision camera and cable to my other Phantom 2 (non-vision) I can see GPS satellite count, I believe this proves the camera and cable are working.

Is there anything cable I need to check or should I just replace the mainboard?

Thanks for any suggestions, have a great day.
    Paul

2. CityZen

Does the Phantom itself see GPS fine? Shows that it gets enough satellites, flies in GPS mode fine, shows GPS position in Phantom Assistant?

3. turbopbw

Cityzen,
    Yes, the Phantom has enough GPS sign to fly in GPS mode.

Last night I took the GPS module out and it has the typical crack after a rough landing. I assume this is the problem since the Vision app will only show Satellite if it has six or more.

4. N017RW

If you mean the patch antenna on the top of the module being cracked as 'typica'l than yes you will have GPS reception(s) problem.

5. Drone6

I lost all flight telemetry once it started with the satellite count. After spending time on all all the questions and answers and battling the so called DJI customer service I just replaced the Main board and all was right. Save yourself the trouble and just get it done. The board coming out looked to be without damage.

6. turbopbw

I was thinking about replacing the main circuit board but after installing the GPS module from my phantom 2 non vision I received GPS telemetry!

Guess I lucked out!

7. Drone6

Nice job!