No fly zone bs

Reaction score
So just got to Destin with new p4p and found out I was unable to take off because zone was locked. It's in a yellow zone so I was able to unlock the are thru DJI but it STILL won't let me take off. I tried but can no longer disable geo zone in latest app version is there something I'm missing or a way to go back to a previous version of the Go app?

this is the reason i dont think ill be upgrading to the latest firmware that came out a couple days ago(1.9xx)on my ps3 standard....these new dji geofences are not fences at all theyre prisons!

I'm looking to purchase a drone in the next few months.
If the device firmware is already on the GeoPrison, can I downgrade firmware?

Again, no one is answering the question.

Did you use the following technique:
DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

You have to be in proximity to an internet connection for the code to work. Also, you can do it in advance.

Let me/us know if you were successful.

VERIFYING YOUR ACCOUNT

Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI does not collect nor store this information, which is verified by a third party service. Verification is free. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

s3-flow-1396293a51b2d707ed17be357be79dca.png
Confirm authorization to flyVerify with phone/credit card numberReady to fly
UNLOCKING ZONES
Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI does not collect nor store this information, which is verified by a third party service. Verification is free. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

When your aerial system approaches, or is already within, an Authorization Zone, you will be prompted with a warning and the opportunity to unlock the Zone.

FLIGHT PLANNER
Unlock Authorization Zones in areas without an Internet connection in advance with the Flight Planner. By unlocking prior to a flight, you acknowledge you are choosing not to receive updated information from GEO and may miss relevant information about your intended flight area. Each user is responsible for checking official sources and determining what flight restrictions might apply to the flight area at the time of flight.

The flight planner allows you to unlock with a period of up to 72 hours.A maxinum of 30 flight plans may be scheduled at once.

s4-device-114620485403475cb3423a76b9a2cc6f.jpg

s4-flow-53249ef6b89d6b574f08a2f09a3ef82b.png
Select the locationInput date and aircraft SNDownload license using DJI GO
and ready to fly

So just got to Destin with new p4p and found out I was unable to take off because zone was locked. It's in a yellow zone so I was able to unlock the are thru DJI but it STILL won't let me take off. I tried but can no longer disable geo zone in latest app version is there something I'm missing or a way to go back to a previous version of the Go app?
Ha, thank you for confirming this I've asked this question a couple times but keep getting told "nothings changed " from the previous version FW
Others have reported the same thing and I dont believe its the Go app cause I have the latest FW of that your problem "me thinks" is the aircraft,controller FW you have to roll it back to the previous version.

I have the latest firmware installed and I managed to unlock a yellow area successfully yesterday

Crazy thing is I'm not even in a yellow zone. It's all GREEN! Drone worked fine before leaving for vacation. I don't even get the message pop up telling me I need to authorize any zones.

Not sure if you've fixed this yet. I've had this happen a couple times with my P3p. Was totally frustrated trying to fly in areas I KNEW were fine.
Then I switched from my iPad to my iPhone just to see- and it flew fine.
Turns out the Go app on my iPad Mini got corrupted somehow. Needed to delete and reinstall.
All was well again.

Not sure if you've fixed this yet. I've had this happen a couple times with my P3p. Was totally frustrated trying to fly in areas I KNEW were fine.
Then I switched from my iPad to my iPhone just to see- and it flew fine.
Turns out the Go app on my iPad Mini got corrupted somehow. Needed to delete and reinstall.
All was well again.

I never did get it fixed. Tried every great suggestion you just gave as I had both my ip7plus and iPad Air with me. Deleted both and reinstalled and still couldn't fly in about about at least a 20 mile area. Sure it's more but didn't get to try any further. Soon so got back home today I fired it up and had absolutely NO PROBLEMS.

Looks to me like DJI is gradually limiting areas we can't fly until we have nowhere else and they become utterly useless! Makes no business sense to me!

...had my first invisible barrier encounter today at a place I've flown dozens of times and is nowhere near a no fly zone...no pop up message either...just stopped going forward at full stick...changing flight programs broke the lock twice; once from litchi to go, then changing from go to litchi...sigh...this does not bode well for future commercial flights...I need consistency and planability...will start further investigation...just what I wanted to do!

If this continues, I am going to HAVE to begin to look at other sUAS options for commercial jobs... like Zander said, I need consistency... why did I do my Part 107 cert, register my P4P, log into the DJI go app, check the airspace prior to flying, follow all the rules... all for this? Like someone said above... bad business model...

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
If this continues, I am going to HAVE to begin to look at other sUAS options for commercial jobs... like Zander said, I need consistency... why did I do my Part 107 cert, register my P4P, log into the DJI go app, check the airspace prior to flying, follow all the rules... all for this? Like someone said above... bad business model...
Once DJI's firmware shenanigans starts to take food off the table from its customers that's when the [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] will really hit the fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once DJI's firmware shenanigans starts to take food off the table from its customers that's when the $$hit will really hit the fan.

Yup! Exactly! Do you know if this is a Phantom specific issue or is across all DJI platforms? Are other brands of UAS having the same issues?

I bought this drone expecting to be able to travel with it and get some great shots while on vacations. I no longer have ANY confidence whatsoever in the ability to fly in the seemingly endless arbitrary NFZ's we are increasingly being locked out of. The fact that they removed the geo turn off feature in last GO 4 update infuriates me! Would love to see other mfgs improve their brands without geo fencing and push DJI out of the market.

I'm feeling your same pain here in Miramar beach this week on vacay! It seems that we are in the largest Authorization Zone in the U.S.- probably because of the numerous important military bases in the area. Even so, I logged in and received permission to fly in this zone. Only problem is the **** GO4 app (most recent) , won't sync these authorizations, connected or not to the aircraft. Can't fly for two days so far. Where does one turn to for help? This product mimics Apple in appearance, cost, and closed ecosystem, but fails on the most important points-RELIABILITY and SUPPORT! What do I do? Any suggestions?

I'm feeling your same pain here in Miramar beach this week on vacay! It seems that we are in the largest Authorization Zone in the U.S.- probably because of the numerous important military bases in the area. Even so, I logged in and received permission to fly in this zone. Only problem is the **** GO4 app (most recent) , won't sync these authorizations, connected or not to the aircraft. Can't fly for two days so far. Where does one turn to for help? This product mimics Apple in appearance, cost, and closed ecosystem, but fails on the most important points-RELIABILITY and SUPPORT! What do I do? Any suggestions?

Thats where I was too when it happened. I tried everywhere around Miramar and no luck. Tried around Crab Island...no luck. Only place i was able to fly ONCE was around the Watercolor area. I never had any luck in 7 days of fighting it. I didnt even have the chance to unlock any zones because it said I didn't even need to because I wasn't in a NFZ....How the heck does this make any sense???? I will be trying to get a refund if possible. Ridiculous to have this for vacations if you have no confidence about whether it will work or not when you get there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan