No data to iOSD Mini

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm new here, and struggling to get my iOSD Mini working. I'm getting good video from the camera and the static icons from the iOSD mini, but no actual data. I've checked the canbus connections internally and externally and everything seems solid. Any ideas what the deal is? It seems like it's just not talking to the controller.

Setup: Phantom 2, Zenmuse, GoPro Black, Boscam 5.8GHz AV Tx/Rx, iOSD Mini. All firmware up to date except I can't seem to get the iOSD Mini to mount on USB (running Windows through Parallels on Mac).

SJBrit said:
Hi all - I'm new here, and struggling to get my iOSD Mini working. I'm getting good video from the camera and the static icons from the iOSD mini, but no actual data. I've checked the canbus connections internally and externally and everything seems solid. Any ideas what the deal is? It seems like it's just not talking to the controller.

Setup: Phantom 2, Zenmuse, GoPro Black, Boscam 5.8GHz AV Tx/Rx, iOSD Mini. All firmware up to date except I can't seem to get the iOSD Mini to mount on USB (running Windows through Parallels on Mac).

Are you sure the firmware is up to date? Download the OSD assistant software and update the firmware and it will work.

I'm starting to think that must be the problem. The trouble is that I'm running Windows on a VM on my Mac (using Parallels) and I just can't seem to make windows see the iOSD on the USB. Since there's no Mac software for the iOSD I'm somewhat stumped. I may have to borrow someone's PC just to check the firmware I guess. Very aggravating.

SJBrit said:
I'm starting to think that must be the problem. The trouble is that I'm running Windows on a VM on my Mac (using Parallels) and I just can't seem to make windows see the iOSD on the USB. Since there's no Mac software for the iOSD I'm somewhat stumped. I may have to borrow someone's PC just to check the firmware I guess. Very aggravating.

Worked for me using VMWare Fusion. Not much help but it looks like it is possible.

Hmmm.... interesting. I've tried everything I can think of so maybe it's time to call Parallels. I can't mount the P2 to Windows either, but they have Mac software for that so it isn't a big deal.Worst case I'll just borrow someone else's laptop to do the firmware upgrade.

Yeah it needs a firmware update. I had the exact same thing, a few icons but no real data. Update fixed it. Not sure why it doesn't ship with a working firmware...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl