Night lights

Reaction score
I remembered an old product that I thought would be great for night flying. They are being phased out, but the old style "blinky lights" come with a small round piece of metal, that the magnetic body attaches to. This was meant to be used to attach to clothing and to ears.

I ordered some today and two will serve as my top and bottom white beacons and others for navigation, UFO effect, etc. I will glue the small metal discs to my phantom 2, then when I night fly I'll attach the strobe light, complete with an internal (watch type) battery.

They can stay attached as you twist them to power on and off. They come in many colors, strobing in solid colors or several colors, fading from one color to another, etc. The best place to find this old style is: blinkee.com

The new style has an attached clip that will be harder to use. You can also find them on Ebay, but everyone there sells in bulk and there is no guarantee of what colors you will get. I emailed, several days ago, to ask, but there has been no reply.

The great features: Low cost, very lightweight, self-powered, so no wiring! They can easily be seen for 1/4 mile.

Hope this helps. I have no affiliation with the website.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing