Nexus 1st Gen tablet

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone is using the Nexus 1st gen tablet for the Phantom 3 standard? I am currently using a 9.7'' tablet and it is simply too large for the controller. Makes it difficult to hold the controller while screen touching functions at the same time. The nexus has only 1 gig of ram, maybe not enough, but can get one fairly cheap if it would be suitable. The Nexus is 7''

I run a Nexus 7 (android 5.1.1) model ME370T with my P3S, but I use Litchi all the time with it. Everything runs fine.

The tablet was factory reset and I only installed what I needed on it.

Last edited:
I have one, and while it will run the go app, it's finicky. I think I have version 3.1.6 on it. I have hardware accel (or whatever it's called) enabled in developer options, I always use it with the power/volume buttons toward the bottom, and I have to clear the cache after every flight.

I was told that the Vers 1 was insufficient to handle the data rate and useage required by P3.

I bought the Nexus Vers 2 16Gb ... some call it the 2012 .... and its been excellent. I bought it refurb of eBay for about $150 delivered.
If I was buying now ? I would go for the next generation up from the Nexus 2 and with the 32Gb or more. You can never have enough 'power' in this game.

I have to suggest that trying a less capable unit will only end up frustrating. I had a Cavion tablet that is higher spec'd than a Nexus 1 ... its now a hack tablet for other lesser stuff.

Nigel

Will someone repost the acceptable devices for P3S. Amazon Fire Tablet now on sale but don't know if it is acceptable??????

Will someone repost the acceptable devices for P3S. Amazon Fire Tablet now on sale but don't know if it is acceptable??????

The Fire is not on the list, however, I have read several testimonials about success with tablets not on the list. Worse case is you got a tablet to do other stuff with. And it didn't cost too much.

I've tried the 7 inch fire tablet (2015 &2017), as well as the earlier version of the fire 8 HD and the performance has been lackluster.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor