Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rickyk74, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Rickyk74

Hi,

Looking into purchasing a drone, and really interested in the P3A, however, silly question, does my iPad need to be a cellular iPad, as mine is wifi only. If it's wifi only do you lose some functionality, or will it not work at all.

Thanks,

Richard

2. FlyByVideoPros

It does not need to be cellular.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Rickyk74 likes this.
  3. FlyByVideoPros

If you are in an area with wifi.. The pad will load your maps. If you are using your phone as a hot spot, you can minimize data usage when returning to the same spot, the map is cached and will load with out being on line.

4. impilot51

You will lose some functionality, such as follow me mode. Also, some early models of iPads and minis won't run the app. They don't have enough horse power. Lots of threads on the subject. Do a search, you will find plenty of discussion.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

Rickyk74, with a Wi-Fi only device, you will not able to to use the Follow Me feature, reset your home point to your current location (if you move away from the home point after taking off), or download map images in real-time. Most people cache their maps before heading out to fly (like this).