gCo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm in the process of getting a drone.

I've never flown before but I know this is something I want to take serious. I'm looking to use it starting out as a hobby while I learn to fly. I am looking for quality though in the long run for the best shots.

Is it crazy to start out with a p4 pro? I'd rather pay up front and have a drone ready for those quality shots when i'm ready.

Any tips, suggestions and need to knows are welcome. Look forward to being apart of this forum! Thank you!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The P4P is a great choice if you're interested in the best possible photos/video. All of the Phantom 3 and 4 models are nearly identical flight-wise, so a beginner could certainly start with the P4P.

Reactions: gCo
Welcome!

The best advice I can give is the advice I learned here. Read and watch as much as you can to learn about the P4P!

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome aboard!
Your life will change now.
I started with a Phantom 3 standard and within a week was disappointed in the camera. Moved on to the P3 pro which was a little better but not much. Then moved on to the Inspire with X3 and tired quickly of that camera. Then upgraded to the X5. Ahhhh, finally a real camera!!
I now have a P4P+ that I use along with the Inspire pro. The P4P has a great camera. It has auto focus and aperture control. Not a point and shoot. P4P is my run n gun rig. The quickest thing I can get into the air when in a hurry and it delivers awesome pictures and video.
P4P is a good tool. Take your time and get to know it. Just like learning to drive a car. Practice till your reflexes are automatic.
Be safe, and have fun.

Last edited:
Would you guys recommend the display for $300 + DJI care? Extra battery? When I'm ready I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Personally, I think the display is worth it. I wish I had one like it for my Inspire. It is brighter but also less setup, one less thing to charge and practically no latency. Extra battery definitely. DJI care.... I don't buy it for any of my quads. But I am super careful and always stay in LOS. The sensors on the P4P really are pretty sharp. But, no sensor can see a power line!

Would you guys recommend the display for $300
I have the P4P+ remote controller. Here's what I like about it:
  • It's easy to setup. Just take it out of the case and unfold it.
  • There is no cable to connect between the display and remote controller (like when using a mobile device with the P4P).
  • I don't have to charge and carry my iPad Mini when I head out to fly.
  • The screen is super bright (like put on some shades so you don't burn your retinas bright).
  • After turning on the remote controller, the display boots up and DJI GO is ready to use in about 15 seconds.
If you think you're going to want to use an app other than DJI GO 4 or install other 3rd party apps, then the P4P+ remote controller would not be a good choice for you. Some 3rd party apps can be installed like this, but there's no telling how long that'll continue to work.

Here's a good overview of the P4P+ remote controller:

Extra battery
You'll need a battery for about every 20 minutes you want to fly in between charging your batteries. So, if you want to fly for an hour each time, get 3 batteries total.

I don't mind it. Then again, I don't mind flying with my iPhone 7 either.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl