Newbie wonders....

Have you ever crashed or had a flyaway with your P3?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey all,
First post. I have been flying my new P3 for about 2 weeks. I did loads of research before I bought it and scoured just about every forum and You Tube video. It's amazing how frightened a newbie can be about taking flight when it seems like all you see and hear are crash and flyaway stories. It seems that with most things on the internet, when it comes to reviews and anecdotes, happy people post less than unhappy ones. so if I may I would like to do a poll of how many people on the forum have crashed or had flyaways, whether or not it was pilot error or you have never had an incident.

Welcome sir. Two weeks of flying? What took you so long to join the best forum?

Two minor crashes in a year and two autolandings on critical low battery. No fly a ways or any crazy activity. Home lock and Failsafe have worked flawlessly. Very satisfied with my Phantoms. Crashes were my fault. Bad debt perception my error.

Two minor crashes in a year and two autolandings on critical low battery. No fly a ways or any crazy activity. Home lock and Failsafe have worked flawlessly. Very satisfied with my Phantoms. Crashes were my fault. Bad debt perception my error.

Funny but P3's haven't even been available that long.

One bath and one nesting at 50' high in a tree with P2....All my fault. All recovered 100% . No flyaways, No strange behaviour, nothing.

Ops, my error started reading at the 2nd post "My Fault" lost the part about being a P3., sorry.

Last edited:
152 flights with one toilet bowl affect due flying over a wharf at 6ft with a very large metal structure underneath, switched to ATTI mode to maintain control. Apart from that, a very solid performer. Nil accidents. Make sure you use a checklist religiously.

152 flights with one toilet bowl affect due flying over a wharf at 6ft with a very large metal structure underneath, switched to ATTI mode to maintain control. Apart from that, a very solid performer. Nil accidents. Make sure you use a checklist religiously.

I remember my first few flights - turning the p3 on & forgetting to remove the gimbal guard... Now 50+ flights in I still forget to put the rc antennas up.. 2 times today

Recently started to check the compass Mod values for Every flight.

Keep saying I need to practice/try Atti mode... tomorrow
:rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl