Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Newbie wonders....

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Fan-tom, Aug 27, 2015.

?
  1. Yes- It was pilot error

25.9%
  2. Yes- Cause unknown

3.7%
  3. No- Never

70.4%
  1. Fan-tom

Hey all,
    First post. I have been flying my new P3 for about 2 weeks. I did loads of research before I bought it and scoured just about every forum and You Tube video. It's amazing how frightened a newbie can be about taking flight when it seems like all you see and hear are crash and flyaway stories. It seems that with most things on the internet, when it comes to reviews and anecdotes, happy people post less than unhappy ones. so if I may I would like to do a poll of how many people on the forum have crashed or had flyaways, whether or not it was pilot error or you have never had an incident.

2. Oso

Oso

Welcome sir. Two weeks of flying? What took you so long to join the best forum?

3. RoyVa

Two minor crashes in a year and two autolandings on critical low battery. No fly a ways or any crazy activity. Home lock and Failsafe have worked flawlessly. Very satisfied with my Phantoms. Crashes were my fault. Bad debt perception my error.

4. jason

Funny but P3's haven't even been available that long.

5. sergekouper

One bath and one nesting at 50' high in a tree with P2....All my fault. All recovered 100% . No flyaways, No strange behaviour, nothing.

6. RoyVa

Ops, my error started reading at the 2nd post "My Fault" lost the part about being a P3., sorry.

#6 RoyVa, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. Bret Lucas

152 flights with one toilet bowl affect due flying over a wharf at 6ft with a very large metal structure underneath, switched to ATTI mode to maintain control. Apart from that, a very solid performer. Nil accidents. Make sure you use a checklist religiously.

8. suck it up

I agree with Bret!

Make and do a checklist, it really does help.

9. John MacNeill

I just finished flight 89 without a hitch. One scare I got a battery error check soon message while flying. I landed immediately and found the battery had come loose from the compartment but was still making a connection. Now I make sure the batteries are in firm. I think if you put safety first and don't hot dog you will be fine

10. MattyDread

I remember my first few flights - turning the p3 on & forgetting to remove the gimbal guard... Now 50+ flights in I still forget to put the rc antennas up.. 2 times today

Recently started to check the compass Mod values for Every flight.

Keep saying I need to practice/try Atti mode... tomorrow
    :rolleyes: