Newbie Question about Phantom 2 and GoPro

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and order a Phantom 2 (basic) from Amazon. My question is that I have a GoPro Hero3 (white edition) that I'd like to use with this. Will my hero 3 mount right onto the Phantom without me having to by the Zenmuse device? I'm not concerned with being able to "pivot" the Hero at this point (plus I'm not ready to spend the money for that piece. I just want to be able to attach my Hero3 right to the phantom 2. Is that possible?

2nd question.. I know there is a Phantom, Phantom 2, Phantom Vision, etc . The one I want is the Phantom 2. I keep seeing references to a "version 2". Are there are actually two versions of the Phantom 2? Or do they just mean the Phantom 2? Sorry for the dumb questions :)

Waiting for a reply to pull the trigger. Thanks!

Mike

I did not get one with my combo P2/H3 and all they did was add the gimbal to package . For $200 the gimbal is worth it later when you want it it will be more .
You can use one of your mounts for the gopro before you stick it to the phantom drill a hole in the mount and run a screw in one of the threaded mounts for the gimbal I would not just use the double-sided tape that's on the mounts I would not trust it I had 2 come off my helmet over the years .
GL!

It's a mistake to get the P2 and not get the discounted zenmuse. If nothing else, get the zenmuse in the package for $190 more and then sell the zenmuse for $300+. But you will want to keep it anyway. If you plan to take video and prefer not to get nauseous watching it, you need the gimbal. However not sure how well the white version works with it, so you may want to research that.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I may look at the whole package as you both suggested.

So this begs the next question that I'm not debating... lol. Vision or Gopro?

scuby said:

Gopro. I've read from several people that they regret getting the vision (and opting for the gopro later)

scuby said:

Lots of people love the vision. I had one and returned it and went GoPro. I think the video is better and the 2-axis gimbal gives smoother images. That said (and I hate this with tech gadgets), it looks like they are soon to release a 3 Axis gimbal model that would add yaw axis stability. What you loose with the non-vision model is FPV flying. If you want to be able to see the video while flying you must add a few hundred dollars of stuff (transmitter, monitor, iOSD maybe). I think its a better way to go but you never know.

Good luck, keep asking questions. Lots of helpful people here

I purchased a gopro mount for my phantom 2 for $12, I like you didn't want the gimbal right away but the combo was too good a deal to pass up.....video without gimbal is pretty raw but the mount works great.....specially for new fliers that don't want to beat up the gimbal on training flights but still want footage

Sent from my iPhone while driving :)

[quote="OI Photography"

I have that basic gopro mount for the P1, doesn't work with P2 mounting holes I'm afraid :([/quote]

Are you using a vibration isolation plate(s)?

Perhaps they don't match up either.

Buk said:
Are you using a vibration isolation plate(s)?

Perhaps they don't match up either.

Currently I have nothing to mount to the P2 body, but yes I can include isolation plates in the solution...I was just curious to see what basic P2 mount Jontmiller was using.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl