Newbie ?? On Wind

Not everyone who reads the forum knows where you live so it's a good reminder to those who live in US. The issue with flying over the ocean or, where I live, over the lakes is the flying of UltraLight aircraft, Helicopters, and Seaplanes who can't see the drone. All of these types of aircraft fly belown 500'. VLOS (and being within hearing range) is critical for safe flying. Whether or not you live in the US or whether or not you are a recreational flyer, the same safety considerations should be kept in mind.

Nobody on the forums should make an assumption about where someone lives or does not live. I also fly my drone in other countries and abide by their rules as well. The forum is Phantompilots.com nowhere does it mention USA pilots. There are also threads asking where the pilots come from or which country they fly in. When someone asks a question about flying in high wind speeds or at high altitude the last thing we need is people squealing about a so called guideline of 400 feet in the USA. Not one person has been prosecuted in the USA for flying above 400 feet because it is not a law.

Thing is when people ask a question about the technical abilities of the drone that is the issue that should be addressed, not the so called laws of one particular country where many of the forum members do not reside.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94