newbie introduction :)

Reaction score
hi guys, first of all i must say im a totally newbie to rc, drones or anyting related to flying an object controlled by radio and i have found very usefull this forum :)

im about to buy my first drone which i will mainly use to film buildings/architecture, so after reading almost every thread in this forum and watching all youtube videos i decided to buy a phantom 2 vision+. since im not planning to do long distance flights (although i know it might occur very soon), just flying and shooting architecture and buildings, i'm just planning to buy a couple extra batteries and and a carrying case. so based in your opinion is there anything else i should consider?

also i would like to ask you about faa regulation, for what i read, if flying in the us i would be allow to fly the drone as long as i dont sell the footage or use it commercially right and dont use a fpv? but here's what really worries me. im an architect and i love architecture photography so whenever im on a trip i carry my photo equipment (a point and shoot camera, a couple dslr cameras, 3 lenses, a tripod) and as long as im shooting with the point and shoot everything is ok, but as soon as i start shooting with the dslr mounted on a tripod things turn awkward and i've been asked so many times to stop taking pictures of the buildings (im shooting on the street, public areas where supossedly im allowed to do so) im not american, so as a visitor im not interested in having problems and is use a lot of common sense (i have agreed with everything i've been asked, except giving away my camera or deleting the pictures) and stop taking pictures. so if this is with a simple dslr camera i can imagine what might happen with a drone flying over a bulding.

last but not least important, im from méxico. is there anyone else in this forum from méxico?

so, any body has experience flying/filiming buildings?

thanks for your responses!
greetings
/carlos

hi guys.

me again, im still reading/watching videos and since i've never flown a drone im considering to buy a cheaper one and use it to learn how to fly, and once i learned and feel confident buy the p2v+. so i have options.

1- buying an used fc40 just to learn how to fly, if i crash it i would just crash 250 bucks instead of 1,600 (cost + shipping + tax) of a p2v+
2- buying a phantom 2 (just the phantom, no gimbal) which i could later upgrade with a camera, fpv, etc, etc, etc...

in this scenario, which would you recommend me?
remember ill be shooting architecture/buildings. and im not interested in long distance flights.

or should i go directly to the p2v+

thanks again!

+1 on the Hubsan X4. They are sturdy, high-quality, inexpensive and almost as much fun to fly as the V2+. Once you learn to fly the X4, flying the V2+ is very easy.

I personally just went straight for the Vision+. If you fly it sensibly, take it slow until your comfortable you shouldn't have any problems. I had never flown any rc either though I have worked a lot of large multi joystick machinery so maybe that helped.

Double-D said:
I personally just went straight for the Vision+. If you fly it sensibly, take it slow until your comfortable you shouldn't have any problems. I had never flown any rc either though I have worked a lot of large multi joystick machinery so maybe that helped.

when i was a kid a played a lot of atari, does that count?
:lol:

now being serious, how about future upgrades.

vision+ is rtf. but i read that if you break the gimbal there are no spare parts or they are to expensive. i could buy the phantom2, play a while with it then mount the gimball/gopro and start shooting. if theres a new gopro in christmas i could exchange it right?

also i've read about a new phantom coming out by december (dji is like apple ?)
once again, thanks guys!

chapsrlz said:
Double-D said:

when i was a kid a played a lot of atari, does that count?
:lol:

now being serious, how about future upgrades.

vision+ is rtf. but i read that if you break the gimbal there are no spare parts or they are to expensive. i could buy the phantom2, play a while with it then mount the gimball/gopro and start shooting. if theres a new gopro in christmas i could exchange it right?

also i've read about a new phantom coming out by december (dji is like apple ?)
once again, thanks guys!

I guess the question is how keen are you to get one?
Patience is a virtue with flying these birds so if you're in no rush go for the Hubson to learn on.
True the gimbal is fragile and costs a lot to replace.
As for a new model coming out. No gimbal camera combo is going to be bullet proof so that's not going to satisfy your hesitation and there will always be a new model coming out.

Of guess no matter what you buy it's always a risk that solely sits on your shoulders.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl