New York post

Below are three of my favorite quotes from the story...

Currently, no drones are allowed to be flown in the city, a “Class B Airstrip’’ because of its proximity to major airports, according to FAA regulations. Remote-controlled model aircraft are still allowed.

Whew... flying my model RC, the Phantom 2 is still allowed, just keep those military Reapers out of here!

“It’s only a matter of time before [terrorists] start packing these with explosives and start sending them over here,” said a counterterrorism source.

I wonder what sort of battery these terrorist have developed, please share your amazing continent/ocean crossing battery technology!

Once it seemed clear it was a hobbyist’s drone, the disgusted controller muttered, “Man, there’s really gotta be a better way to maybe disable these guys.”

UAV's dropping unexpectedly from the sky on command... great idea.

I'd love to see how a Phantom can be weaponized with an effective carrying capacity of maybe 350g. Maybe something biological but that doesn't exactly do anything that can't be done on a subway or public bus.

And I love that most of the examples involve drones that are 10ft or larger. Sounds like they're spotting actual aircraft!

Finally, NYPost is about as useful and informative as used toilet paper. It makes Bulls**t Mountain (Fox News) seem credible.

The only problem is that when you don't know anything about rc and even worse multicopters and you read this article next time you see someone flying phantom you Cal cops that theorist is flying bomb. It is BS and very bad publicity

Radar84 said:
The only problem is that when you don't know anything about rc and even worse multicopters and you read this article next time you see someone flying phantom you Cal cops that theorist is flying bomb. It is BS and very bad publicity

that's why I'm always super friendly and informative when I'm out flying and a crowd gathers.. which it ALWAYS does. whenever I'm chatting with people I always try to work in both how noisy and colorful it is, hence you can't exactly "secretly" spy on someone... and the fact that it can't really handle any payload weight so it's not going to be carrying anything like an explosive.

people need to understand the difference between these little hobby drones vs military or commercial amazon type drones which are huge. the best way imho is to show them

It's a sad testimony to the sad state of "journalism" these days. Most new organizations have cut back drastically on resources. "Journalists" are writing articles without a clue to verify what they are writing.

Yellow-rag journalism never fully died out. In fact, it's been on the upswing to compete with the trashy ilk of the National Enquirer and trashy-news on TV, youtube, and countless other sources.

Anyway, this message thread discusses how an African company is weaponizing drones:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18197

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl