New V3.0 RC Camera Dial

Reaction score
So I am new to this Forum and new to the Phantom and have to say i love it! The only thing that is boggling my mind at this point is the new camera adjustment dial on the new V3.0 version controller. After taking all the appropriate steps to calibrate over and over and i can not figure this one out. When powered up in the air or on the ground using the dial to make the camera go down it will move fairly quickly but very jittery at the first touch. When going back to the up position i get a real big twitch or two and have to hold the dial as the camera slowly "Very Slowly" Moves back looking forward again.

Has anyone had or heard of this issue? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

JD

There is settings in the assistant for gimbal.

There is a later RC firmware 1.2. I had the same problem but after doing this update from DJI and recalibrating from this and Phantom assistant 3.6 everything worked with no problems :)
//gunnar

I see there is a option to make adjustments to the gimbal only when you don't have the Phantom powered on and hooked up. Once you do that i notice it goes away?

JD

Sweet Gunner! I will check this out. I just downloaded this software maybe a week ago or so.. Ill see what version im working with when i return home this evening!

Well, from your post it sounds like you have already done this, but just to make double sure... did you follow MoparBob's directions? They are in a sticky here: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=30479

In your case, you can probably skip step 1 if you downloaded the software anytime since November 1. And you can probably skip step 2 because it sounds like your Tx is already bound, but do everything else. Follow those instructions even when common sense tells you certain steps aren't nessisary or don't make sense (especially in step 3). There have been a couple cases on this board where someone followed those steps but glossed over a step (or part of a step) because common sense told them they didn't need to do it. After we convince them to follow everything to a T, they come back generally amazed that it worked because previously they had only skipped over what they thought to be one tiny detail.

Now having said all that, your problem sounds a bit different. I'm not optimistic that following those instructions will help but it's worth a shot. Good luck!

If you're a newbie, I would suggest reading all of the stickies. They really will make your life much easier on here.

Instead of trawling through loads and loads of posts to find answers and posting up questions that, while valid and important for a newcomer, might have been answered rather a lot in the past few weeks, the stickies will contain 95% of your answers.

I will try the MoparBob Fix.. Thanks.. And JJM Its been Calibrated numerous times.. Even on the calibration screen i can see the bar jumping all over. For instance when i move it to the up position it will quickly jump to the down position once or twice and then go up only as long as i hold it. If i do it in increments it will move down until it can go down any further.. Thanks

Jdclarke250 said:
I will try the MoparBob Fix.. Thanks.. And JJM Its been Calibrated numerous times.. Even on the calibration screen i can see the bar jumping all over. For instance when i move it to the up position it will quickly jump to the down position once or twice and then go up only as long as i hold it. If i do it in increments it will move down until it can go down any further.. Thanks

That means it's not calibrated. Mine did the same. Calibrate it in the RC software then calibrate it in the drone software.

Fair Enough! I will try to Calibrate Mopars way to the "T"........... Will update later this evening.. Thank you all for the info...

Jdclarke250 said:
Even on the calibration screen i can see the bar jumping all over. For instance when i move it to the up position it will quickly jump to the down position once or twice and then go up only as long as i hold it. If i do it in increments it will move down until it can go down any further.. Thanks
Does the jumping present this way only when you move the tilt-wheel all the way up or down, or from any position?

Jdclarke250 said:
I moves in this way at the slightest movement of the wheel in any position yes..
The tilt control is a potentiometer. Yours is bad. If it's under warranty then return it.
Remember the old AM radio in your grandfather's living room? When you went to adjust the volume you would hear some scratching because the volume control potentiometer is dirty. That is analogous to what you have in the tilt control.

This was my first thought when going through the calibration in both assistants and there still being a problem. I don't know why i did not see Mopars post in the stickies when i was looking for a thread in regards to this issue. I will try this process and then focus on the potentiometer.. Thanks SteveMann

Jdclarke250 said:
I see there is a option to make adjustments to the gimbal only when you don't have the Phantom powered on and hooked up. Once you do that i notice it goes away?

JD

Ignore. That's for the H33D on the non vision P2 platform.

UPDATE on the Dial Control for the camera!

I followed Mopars steps to the T with the exception of binding the controller to the aircraft and not the control work flawlessly!! I really appreciate all the help and suggestions..

Thank you All!!!!!!

JD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl