Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Tx help please

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by weven, Jul 10, 2013.

1. weven

I need help on a new Tx. I have drowned my first Phantom which I believe will be flying again soon with the replacement of all 4 ESC.

I have also purchased a replacement Phantom Air Side only. Dollars are becoming an issue (cause she said so) I would like to purchase a new Radio that can control 2 Phantoms without pairing the radio each time. Not interested in huge range the stock one has been more than Ok. So maybe a Frsky, Hitec or similar price range. I would like to have the throttle go to centre I have now mastered that mode 2 thing and too old to relearn.

I’m sure I could do the Rx installation but connecting to the Naza worries me.
    Are leads available or will I have to build them? Do I use the old lead and soldier on a new plug? If so where can I buy the plugs? How much is involved in telling the Naza to link with it etc. etc.??

Hope an expert can help.
    Steve

2. auck

don't know about other manufacturers, but i have a futaba 8j. i use one tx to control both my phantom and an F550. all i needed to purchase was the initial tx/rx and an additional rx for the second craft. the models are linked to the profiles i set up with my tx. it's great to be able to fly either model with out having to lug around an extra tx.

3. weven

Thanks for ur reply Auck