New to Litchi

Reaction score
Hi I am planning my first Litchi Mission.

My question is can i take off manually from the home point , then fly to near my first waypoint, then initiate my mission ? (I assume it will then fly to the first waypoint and continue on the mission)

If that works, when the mission reaches the last waypoint, i assume the copter will just hover and then i can manually bring the copter back to land at the home point ?

When the mission ends at the last waypoint, you have several options that you can select in Mission Settings, including RTH, land in place, do nothing, reverse course, go back to waypoint 1

My question is can i take off manually from the home point , then fly to near my first waypoint, then initiate my mission ? (I assume it will then fly to the first waypoint and continue on the mission)

If that works, when the mission reaches the last waypoint, i assume the copter will just hover and then i can manually bring the copter back to land at the home point ?

You can also initiate the mission from ground/takeoff. The drone will go straight up to the height of the first waypoint, pause, then proceed to first waypoint, then go on with the mission. That's how I launch.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My question is can i take off manually from the home point , then fly

near my first waypoint, then initiate my mission ? (I assume it will then fly to the first waypoint and continue on the mission)

Ive only just completed my first misson today what i done is manually fly near my first waypoint just let it hover there then initiate the mission and all went well..

Just remember to check your waypoints and make sure you have enough clearance from trees and buildings etc...

I understand the preference by some for auto launch. I prefer, and recommend, manual take off and flight to, or near, the first waypoint location as it gives an opportunity to get a feel for any potential issues with the AC and safely abort prior to blindly committing to the mission.

I usually do auto-takeoff, for no particular reason...just easier, I guess. It is true, however, that it will climb directly up to the altitude of the first waypoint and then head to it, so be aware of anything that might be overhead. It probably is safer to take off manually and fly to some unobstructed location before hitting "start".

I understand the preference by some for auto launch. I prefer, and recommend, manual take off and flight to, or near, the first waypoint location as it gives an opportunity to get a feel for any potential issues with the AC and safely abort prior to blindly committing to the mission.
Completely agree, it also gives the battery some time to warm up before the start of the mission, and also a few more GPS satellites may lock.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan