New to drones!

Reaction score
So guys I just got my new P3S and panicking!!! so I tried to firmware update and during the whole time the camera gimbal was making a whining noise and lights were going all crazy. I've confused myself for so many how to videos and research that I'm afraid to do anything else. I actually got my drone for me local target here in Colorado Springs Colorado for the same price that DJ I had it on sale for 399. Today I have been a mistake not getting the bird from DJI? Please help, maybe a video link. Thanks for everybody's help
IMG_1482553083.153659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So did the update finish or what is the problem now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also new here. Just flew my Phantom 3 Std today. But last night i had the same issue as you with the firmware update, flashing ligts and motor sounds. I discovered my fitst mistake was not removing the gimbal clamp. That stopped the sounds. The lights never stopped the weird flashing, and the very limited docs did not explain the flashing. Finally I figured from trying the simulator mode that the remote needed to be re linked. I did it through the app, and finally it all worked.

Don't panic. (Thanks Hitchhikers Guide)

Good info guys. You may want to also post this info in the P3S forum so it reaches more P3S owners.

As you install the firmware update, the drone makes a very alarming beeping sound. Have no fear, this is normal. When the firmware update is completed, the sound pattern changes and you know it installed correctly.

Sent from my SM-T713 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It did update but now will not connect to the drone Wi-Fi. The gimbal started making noise like a hissing sound after I did the update and when I shut down drone the gamble and the cameras kind a drop. I didn't notice that before. How do I know for sure that the update did work? Thanks for the patients in your pilots help!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The gimbal going loose after turned off the drone is normal. If you can't connect to the controller, follow the manual to reconnect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone will be pleased to help, but before you push the great-bid panic button, please please please will you read the manual, watch the DJI intro videos re-read the manual and especially, watch the videos again. You get the drift..... :blush:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic