New Remote Dial not working - Help Please

Reaction score
Hi All

Have setup the Phantom 2 and H3-3D but unfortunately the gimbal dial on the new version of the remote is not responsive and does not control the tilt of the gimbal - it stays at 45 degrees.

I have tried to calibrate the x1 dial but not responding in RC or Phantom Assistant.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help here.

John

PT2 > Basic > RC > Transmitter Version > Upgraded

PT2 > Advanced > Gimbal
Gain = 10 (or anything as it does not make a difference).
Horizontal = 0 (minus 10 if you want the props not be seen in medium view).
Vertical = 0

If that doesn't work, try Mopar's solution

Mopar Bob said:
The sticky mentioned above was removed for some unknown reason. I sent a PM to the moderator to find out why but got no response. This is what was posted a few months back:

Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great **** and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:
1. Uninstall the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version without telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.
2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. It’s simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.
3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.
4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.
5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.
6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.
7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.
8. Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.
9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant, disconnect the PC from the Phantom.
10. Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

You need to follow every step, even if it looks stupid.

Thanks @Mako79 & dptcalvin

Even when I connect to the Phantom or RC assistants and move the dial the black arrow on the X1 range does not move. All the other controls work and I can see the arrows move on the range sliders.

remote.jpg

The gimbal tilt does move when I click the REV toggle button and the arrows move from one extreme to the other, but nothing from the dial.

John

But did you follow the instructions from Mopar?
DId you calibrate in the RC first and then in the Assist?

Hi Mako,

Yes all instructions followed - no change. The dial on the ndj6 has no effect in the RC or Phantom Assistant and in turn the gimbal.
Any other ideas welcome or is it rime to send back?

pa2.png

pa1.png

Thanks John

Can you make sure your gimbal firmware is the latest 10.0.0.12. Hani stated if it was 10.0.0.4 or less it will not work with the new controller.
Try and force the gimbal update through.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33502&start=40

Again Thanks Mako!
Yes the h3d3 imu is 1.0.0.12.

Right now the gimbal turns on and just faces front or flat down. No response from dial.

http://youtu.be/oKyDH12B2uQ

I'm thinking the issue could be a hardware one related to the dial on the remote? In the RC Assistant, all the slides respond but the dial has no effect.

http://youtu.be/WUEEwUYg7yk

Everything bar the x1 slider moves?

Thanks John

Can you screen shot the gimbal tab on the phantom assist?

Hi Mako79

Here it is
pa3.png

One other strange point to mention is that now on the Phantom Assistant landing screen the "Gimbal Switch is now OFF" - How do I turn it back ON?

And finally as in the video, regardless of my issues should the x1 cursor move in the RC Assistant when its plugged in using USB - mine does not - thats why Im thinking hardware.

Thanks John

Sounds hardware.
Send it back or open up and check the connections. Its hard for a connection to come loose as DJI spoofs the cables with the white glue.

I had the same problem with a brand new Rc Controler, it was a hardware problem, and it looks like the same thing its happening to you.
Take a look at this. Hope that helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E

Just to close this off

Brought this back to the dealer and he plugged it into his iMac - did a calibration - did a manual calibration (just the controller, see below) and then it decides to work!

I had done the same a few times, so all I can say is that maybe a different machine helped! It seems like its not science but an art to resolve some problems. Any way I'm happy, dial and tilt working.

Thanks Mako79 for the help along the way.

If it helps anyone here are the instructions for a manual calibration ***Please note for Step 4 move the tilt dial up and down as well as the sticks****

calibration600.jpg

Slightly higher res version here -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/349 ... ration.png

corncrake said:
Just to close this off

Brought this back to the dealer and he plugged it into his iMac - did a calibration - did a manual calibration (just the controller, see below) and then it decides to work!

I had done the same a few times, so all I can say is that maybe a different machine helped! It seems like its not science but an art to resolve some problems. Any way I'm happy, dial and tilt working.

If it helps anyone here are the instructions for a manual calibration ***Please note for Step 4 move the tilt dial up and down as well as the sticks****

those instructions are very intense .. doesn't plugging in the control to the rc assistant and running a calibration do the same things as your drop box a5 transmitter instructions ? Seems to me like the manual instructions are instead of the rc assistant?

is this correct gurus of the forum????? :geek: :?: :idea:

corncrake said:
Just to close this off

thank you for sharing this procedure BTW! mods should make this a sticky..... :!: :idea:

Hi capodrone81,

Dealer did both a Phantom Assistant calibration and then a manual one. No RC Assistant, but I agree with you would and assume that it is the same as the manual method?

I had done similar at home but with no effect. Maybe the wind was blowing in the wrong direction or I was standing on the wrong leg :)

John

corncrake said:
Hi capodrone81,

Dealer did both a Phantom Assistant calibration and then a manual one. No RC Assistant, but I agree with you would and assume that it is the same as the manual method?

I had done similar at home but with no effect. Maybe the wind was blowing in the wrong direction or I was standing on the wrong leg :)

John

:lol: :lol: :lol:

glad to hear your flying again.. many thanks for posting the procedure!

Hi all,
I just upgraded my Phantom 2(non vision) to the v3. I am having the same problem.
The gimbal returns to 45 degrees. I have downloaded the software from DJI several times
And put it in the quad several times, I have calibrated over and over with no luck.
I have tried version 3.6, still comes up as 3.8. I have H3D2 gimbal.and yes I have it set
For the upgraded RC. I suspect it is in the software but I'm not sure. I have re-bound the
Old RC for now but I sure would like to get the new RC to work,
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Joe

flyinghero said:
Hi all,
I just upgraded my Phantom 2(non vision) to the v3. I am having the same problem.
The gimbal returns to 45 degrees. I have downloaded the software from DJI several times
And put it in the quad several times, I have calibrated over and over with no luck.
I have tried version 3.6, still comes up as 3.8. I have H3D2 gimbal.and yes I have it set
For the upgraded RC. I suspect it is in the software but I'm not sure. I have re-bound the
Old RC for now but I sure would like to get the new RC to work,
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

I need to find the link. I recall the new controllers tilt dies not work on the h32d

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl