New remote control with Shoulder tilt camera control

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if the new remote control with the shoulder wheel to control your camera and internal lipo battery compatible with the phantom vision. I can only see sites selling it as an upgrade to the phantom vision plus.
Does anyone know.
Regards
Matt

That's brilliant guys thanks for the reply. I have a RPG too so happy days. Definitely worth the but then?

Yup... It's on my Xmas list... :D :D :D

-slinger

One other quick question I don't suppose the remote will bind with the existing receiver?. The reason I ask is that I have mod the existing receiver to accommodate some better range antennas. Which was fiddly as hell so would be nice if I didn't have to do that again.
Not sure if it would be the same receiver I suspect not.

Receiver? If you are talking about the range extender, it does not look like it is sold with this controller. That would be a real bad thing for DJI to make a new controller that would not work with your old extender.

No sorry they normally sell their new remote controls with a receiver which you wire in to the Naza controller. The two wire antennas sit down the legs of the phantom skids. I'm was wondering if the existing receiver will bind ok with the new remote control.

OK. Talking about two different things here.
If you have to put a new 5.8Ghz receiver in the quad to make the new controller work that would really be a bummer. Can't guess DJI would do that.

dirkclod said:
Thanks , am just trying to see if anyone that has this TX has tryed with the stock FC200 gimbal and it worked with the wheel. will see soon enough though as am getting one ;)

Yes it does. You do need to go into the software and tell your drone you have the "upgraded" controller. Then the gimbal control will work.

Geert said:
The new remote controller works fine with the P2V in combination with the rotorpixel gimbal.

Geert./.

geert,

When I power up the P2V with Rotorpixel gimbal with the new controller, my gimbal tilts downwards initially. I am able to tilt it back up with the tilt dial but I am just wondering if I need to change my gimbal range or centre setting in the assistant software. Does your gimbal tilt down on power up? What settings are you using for Min, Center, and Max in the Vision Assistant?

Thanks.
BManCan

I have a similar issue. If I turn the P2V on with the new TX turned off, the camera is centered and the gimbal works normally. If I start up the P2V with the TX already on, the camera faces straight down and neither the app or the dial will make it move at all. If I start the P2V up without the TX on, it's perfect. If I turn the TX on after the P2V is started, the camera goes to dead bottom again and can't be moved. What should my gimbal gains be set at, and why is the camera reacting differently with the TX on or off. This all started when I set the gimbal to upgrade in the Phantom Assist software...

UPDATE:

I figured it out. There's a calibration configuration for X1 in the Phantom Assistant. Smooth as silk now... :D

-slinger

dirkclod said:
You guys might have seen this already but I just saw it and looks like a must do :D viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31761#p290853

Dammit Dirk... I JUST got my new TX sorted out. Now that I've seen that, and I'm going to be bored as hell for the next few months... crap... :( :( :(

-slinger

Can you please help me with step by step how to fix rotorpixel gimbal to stay up when you power up Phantom 2 vision with remote control on position ??One member say he calibrate X1 ?? I try but still dont work ,gimbal go full way down when i power up phantom 2 vision with remote control on !!!
Need same help .
Thanks

dmmico said:
Can you please help me with step by step how to fix rotorpixel gimbal to stay up when you power up Phantom 2 vision with remote control on position ??One member say he calibrate X1 ?? I try but still dont work ,gimbal go full way down when i power up phantom 2 vision with remote control on !!!
Need same help .
Thanks

The X1 calibration was to fix the problem where the RotorPixel went face down and couldn't be adjusted by the gimbal wheel. The problem your facing has yet to be corrected. In the meantime, you need to either put it up on blocks when you start it up (so the camera doesn't bottom out and cause the gimbal to bounce around), or as the P2V starts up, make sure to watch the camera and move the wheel appropriately to get the camera back up to level as the gimbal initializes...

-slinger

Thank you , my gimbal and camera work very good .Only small problem on start but i can live with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl