New Phantom pro V2

Reaction score
Just got my first Phantom! Was wondering, what cord are you supposed to use between the phone and remote, does your phone charge cable work?

Yes, as long as the controller end of the cable ends in a Male USB A-Type and the other end plugs into your phone.

If your Phantom is new (and I suspect it is) a suitable USB cable is included in the box. Otherwise, you'll need to be sure the USB cable you use is rated to pass data, not just power.

Yeah, ran into this yesterday. Cheap charging cable doesnt work so well.

Yeah, been there, done that, even though I'm aware of it. Hard to tell sometimes. Had it happen last night when I connected what I thought was a data rated cable but kept getting a message telling me that it couldn't be configured for data. Swapped cables with a known data cable and I was good to go. The USB cable included with new Phantoms will work fine. Very surprised this op didn't get a cable with his new V2.

Yes my Phantom didnt come with a remote cable, didnt know if it was supposed to or not.

You should have a white Standard USB to Micro USB cable, in one of the upper slots in the case.

They only give the Micro USB style cable, for Android phones, tablets. You will have to purchase a lightening to USB, if you are using Apple devices.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: chazzm and WY1C
Mine came with a USB cable with a typical full sized USB connector on one end and a USB micro cable on the other. No good for an iOS phone/tablet that needs a Lightning connector. I had some spare short ones and just used one of them. Cracks me up that it says "Made for iOS-whatever" on the box but you don't get a proper cable for them.

Reactions: WY1C
Anybody know when replacement parts will be released as DJI website says they are unavailable for the phantom 4 pro v 2.0 right now and I need some parts as I went and decided to be an idiot and if not are reg phantom 4 pro legs compatibal

The included cable didn't fit the connector on my Android phone either. I ended up using the cable that came with the phone.
But the phone screen was too dim to see in daytime, so I went whole hog and bought the Crystal Sky Ultra. Flying is so much better when you can see your telemetry clearly on a bigger screen.

The included cable didn't fit the connector on my Android phone either. I ended up using the cable that came with the phone.
But the phone screen was too dim to see in daytime, so I went whole hog and bought the Crystal Sky Ultra. Flying is so much better when you can see your telemetry clearly on a bigger screen.
Hi BassPig, good to know you decided to go whole hog...[emoji41]

Reactions: Basspig
Hi BassPig, good to know you decided to go whole hog...[emoji41]

LOL, nice pun. I decided that it wasn't safe to use a tablet that was too dim to see in daylight conditions, as I could not tell where the aircraft was on the map and could not see warnings, only hear beeps and voice prompts. The CS Ultra transformed my experience from that of flying blind, to being in full control of my aircraft and knowing where it was at all times.

LOL, nice pun. I decided that it wasn't safe to use a tablet that was too dim to see in daylight conditions, as I could not tell where the aircraft was on the map and could not see warnings, only hear beeps and voice prompts. The CS Ultra transformed my experience from that of flying blind, to being in full control of my aircraft and knowing where it was at all times.
I use a tablet, (iPads are pretty bright. Not as bright as a crystal sky,) but I do have to use a sun hood, that's my method. I wish I could afford a crystal sky though! [emoji6]

Reactions: Basspig

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72