New Phantom 4 Pro Plus owner

I am a new owner of the P4P and very disappointed in the image quality and very interested in your experience. The first P4P had a problem with the right side of the image, very blurry. Exchanged this one with a new P4P but experienced the same problem but now on the left side of the frame. Centre sharpness was excellent. I am returning this one as well.
Let me know what your experience is.

What I did was become a member of the AMA, and the membership comes with a liability insurance policy included.

Same thing for me. Hoping to never have to use the liability insurance but it's nice to know it's there, just in case. Kind of like having a Marco Polo tracker on my bird -- hope to never _have_ to use it.

I am a new owner of the P4P and very disappointed in the image quality and very interested in your experience. The first P4P had a problem with the right side of the image, very blurry. Exchanged this one with a new P4P but experienced the same problem but now on the left side of the frame. Centre sharpness was excellent. I am returning this one as well.
Let me know what your experience is.

I still haven't had a chance to use it :(

The weather has been terrible, but will update you when I finally get round to using it!

Mine seems to work as advertised. This is my first UAV and I went right to the P4P+ so I have nothing else to compare it too. I've flown it 4 separate times since yesterday and any errors were mine (ie. forget to insert the SD card, not pressing the record button, etc).

Well, what can I say, awesome bit of kit. Did my first flight at night above the Spurs training ground and around that area. Absolutely amazing. I'm uploading the videos to YouTube and will share them here so you can see what I created lol.
I was talking away like a nutter only to find out after that the built in microphone only works with live streaming... :(
Had the police turn up and ask me a load of questions but were really cool, they were telling me about how they use drones in their work.
Also, im not sure if its just because its at night, it would not land where it took off from when doing a RTH. It was aways next to it or around the spot where it took off.
Overall im well impressed, im about to go and do my first day time flight. I just need to learn to get over the excitement of the speed and stop flying about like a maniac and start being more calm and patient so the video footage it smoother.

Ok, anyone know why i can only go around half a mile before the screen stops displaying what the camera sees? I though it could go just under 5 miles away...or is this in the most perfect environment under impossible to recreate in real life test conditions???

Per the P4P specs, you should be able to reach about 4.3 miles FCC (2.2 miles CE) at 2.4Ghz or 4.3 miles FCC (1.2 miles CE) at 5.7Ghz. That's assuming you have an unobstructed view and there is no interference in the area.

Thanks for your response. I have another question...

How can I access the video from the camera (not the video seen on the controller screen) which is on the SD card??? I can view the camera footage when I put the SD card into the controller, but when I put the SD card into my laptop I can only see the footage which was shown on the controller during flight (i.e. with the distortion from signal etc) I want to be able to view the footage direct from the camera...does that make sense???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3