New Phantom 4 Pro Plus owner

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just became the proud owner of a P4P+ and thought I should join a forum.

I havent even flown it yet due to being at work in daylight and poor weather all the other times. Today seems like a nice day though so after breakfast im going to have my first go.

Any advice, tips, etc from anyone???

Also, does anyone on here live in the London area???

Sorry, another couple of questions about recording and uploading to YouTube.

1) when you record does only what the camera sees record or does what you see on the screen record, I.e. Altitude, speed, etc.
2) if only what the camera sees records, then how do you record what you see on the screen?
3) if I want to alternate between whats on the screen and what the camera sees in the recording, how do i do this?

Im asking these questions as I have watched peoples videos on youtube and sometimes its nice to show the flight information on the video rather than just what the camera is seeing.

Hi. Welcome.
Just wondering where you are going to fly as I live in the cotswolds and it seems tricky to find locations for me to fly ?
Good luck with your first flight
Jason

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can answer the question in data overlay.

All you get is the video itself, if you want to overlay data on it you have to use something like dashware. There are some really good tutorials on YouTube e.g.

Just be aware that there is a bug in dashware that when used against the late 2016 windows patches stops the video preview from working :(

Took ages to work out what the issue was when I was using it.... in the end have to use it via a Virtual machine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

@Jason.grubb

Im going to fly around my house initially as its detached so noone around. Then when I feel more competent I might venture to my local park early in the morning when noone is around.

@Mr_p

I dont think this is what im looking for...

...im looking for something like whats in this video.

You need a screen recorder app for doing this....I think you're out of luck, as the P4P+ doesn't allow downloading third party apps.

What part of London are you in?

@rockydog

So if I put a Micro SD into the controller, will it not record the the controller display then???

North London, very near to where a Premiership football teams new training ground is

@rockydog

So if I put a Micro SD into the controller, will it not record the the controller display then???

North London, very near to where a Premiership football teams new training ground is
I'm afraid I don't know what information the SD slot on the RC records...maybe you can find the info in the full manual -(or try it and see would be the easy answer).

I'm the other side..SE near Blackheath.

@msinger - I had a look at the manual, but it doesn't say anything about what I want to do... :(

If anyone is interested, I made my first youtube video unboxing my P4P+

Please feel free to like, subscribe, share and comment. Your feedback is very welcome!!!

My next video will be my first flight, hopefully I will have that up by tomorrow evening.

I dont think this is what im looking for...

...im looking for something like whats in this video.
That video is flipping back and forth between footage shot by the Phantom (stored on the memory card in the Phantom) and footage recorded by a screen recorder on the mobile device. Unfortunately, you have a P4P+, so you won't be able to install a screen recording app.

Hi everyone

Just became the proud owner of a P4P+ and thought I should join a forum.

I havent even flown it yet due to being at work in daylight and poor weather all the other times. Today seems like a nice day though so after breakfast im going to have my first go.

Any advice, tips, etc from anyone???

Also, does anyone on here live in the London area???
Hi back. I am in the same situation new owner, new forum. Got mine out yesterday for first flight, only 10 minutes as it was only 10 degrees. The P4P+ seems as good as advertised. Sorry no advise, just anxious to discuss it and I'm in Maine.

That video is flipping back and forth between footage shot by the Phantom (stored on the memory card in the Phantom) and footage recorded by a screen recorder on the mobile device. Unfortunately, you have a P4P+, so you won't be able to install a screen recording app.

Oh no :(

What if I plug the controller into a monitor to view the screen on the monitor via hdmi and then record the monitor? Is this possible???

Hi back. I am in the same situation new owner, new forum. Got mine out yesterday for first flight, only 10 minutes as it was only 10 degrees. The P4P+ seems as good as advertised. Sorry no advise, just anxious to discuss it and I'm in Maine.

I haven't been able to fly mine yet, been a week now and its been raining every day :(

Is it correct that you need to have public liability insurance to fly a drone for personal use or have I been misinformed???

The one thing I can recommend is that you do not fly out far away, and do not fly where you cannot relatively easily find our drone should you crash or lose video feed.

Hopefully you got a good unit that gives you no trouble and never loses GPS, but I've lost GPS and video feed a couple times and if I had the drone really far away, I would have lost it, 100% chance of that.

So I would fly it close by until you have really good confidence that things will not go bad with your unit.

Is it correct that you need to have public liability insurance to fly a drone for personal use or have I been misinformed???

I am new P4P+ owner as well, in terms of insurance I do not believe there is a legal requirement to have insurance, however I think it is a good idea to do so (as you will be liable for property damage or personal injury caused by your drone). What I did was become a member of the AMA, and the membership comes with a liability insurance policy included. Some caveats, you must adhere to the AMA code of conduct which does include things like only flying within line of site and not over 400 feet etc. Basically the same as the FAA guidelines which people should be adhering to anyway. Take a look at their website and you can find full details on the policy.

Reactions: azgeek
'A good unit' lol
I'm starting to get nervous about flying it now...it's a lot of money to spend on something which you could potentially lose.
I was under the impression that the P4P+ was impossible to lose because it would always return to home when it loses signal and practically impossible to crash due to all the sensors...
...am I being naive here???

Oh no :(

What if I plug the controller into a monitor to view the screen on the monitor via hdmi and then record the monitor? Is this possible???
That should be possible, using a video camera (or even your phone!)

With regard to public liability insurance, this is not required for "hobby' use. If you would feel happier having some form of insurance, you can always join the BMFA (British Model Flying Association), and as part of your membership you get insurance up to £25 million provided you are flying legally at the time of an incident.

I am new P4P+ owner as well, in terms of insurance I do not believe there is a legal requirement to have insurance, however I think it is a good idea to do so (as you will be liable for property damage or personal injury caused by your drone). What I did was become a member of the AMA, and the membership comes with a liability insurance policy included. Some caveats, you must adhere to the AMA code of conduct which does include things like only flying within line of site and not over 400 feet etc. Basically the same as the FAA guidelines which people should be adhering to anyway. Take a look at their website and you can find full details on the policy.

Is that the equivalent of the BMFA???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik