New P4 in NY

Reaction score
Hello all.

I wanted to introduce myself. I live in White Plains, NYC (SHOUTOUT WESTCHESTER!)

I got into drones about 3 years ago when I purchased a used Parrot 2 for $150 from Craigslist. I WAS HOOKED INSTANTLY. The freedom and amount of fun I had with this thing was unbelievable. I was in law school at the time, and all this love for drones led me to write a proposal for drone regulation in the US as my final paper.

2 years ago, a friend of mine gifted me a Phantom 2 (no gimbal/camera) to learn and practice on. I've been flying that for 2 years, and have gotten very good at flying without FPV.

Last night, I took advantage of the incredible sale that DJI has going for the Phantom 4, and applied an educational discount of 10%. For $1259 out the door, no tax and no shipping, I was able to get a brand new P4, 2 extra batteries, and the 3 battery charging hub. I'm very excited to get the bird in a few days.

I am also currently studying for the Part 107. As a lawyer who's passed the bar exam, there's no reason I can't learn and pass this to become licensed and start charging.

I plan on buying an iPad Pro 9.7 LTE to use with it. Look forward to meeting you all.

Enjoy your new P4 and welcome to the forum. The P4 is much more refined than the P2.
You might want to check out the iPad extensions on UAV Bits website. Be sure and post some videos to share.
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl