New P3S- persistent rc loss

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've had 20+ flights, in several locations. My issue is persistent intermittent loss or weak RC signal. I cannot go out over 100yds when the condition occurs. Beginner, atti makes no difference. Re linked controller to AC. Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go a few times. Calibrated IMU, controller. Updated firmware, played with angle of controller antenna. Contacting DJI help only gets me in a loop trying the same techniques to fix. I really do like the concept of the flying camera, but getting frustrated with performance. Am I missing an obvious solution?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you flying around places which have lots of interference etc? Wifi etc.

Does your weak rc signal message only last for a second and the work itself out or does it initiate rth?

Flying very rural locations, no cell tower, ,no proper lines.
RTH is my friend, cause it's imitated by the problem and often.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm having the same problem. Got my Standard right after Thanksgiving, hooked it up, felt confident after several flights to take it out of Beginner mode. Got up to right at 400 feet altitude several times, no problem. Since the firmware update in January, I can barely get to 200 feet altitude, and it loses signal and returns to home. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and for 2 months almost, it never had an issue. I was getting ready to test the alt and go even higher than 400, but now I can't get it above 150-200. Suggestions? (please bare with me, I only found the forum a few weeks ago and don't know a lot of abbreviations and all, so keep it simple if you can!)

In hunting around, I found this youtube tutorial. I'm going to try it later today if I can, and I'll try to let you know if it works for me.

Reactions: miskairal
No, its software trouble. After upgrading from 1.5.7/
It was the best firmware. But how to return to it from 1.8.0 ???
Nobody dont know how...

In video Im not understand why pushing LINK button on AC. Copter will start to check firmware without any push.....

I tired it...gave me about another 100 ft. Altitude...still not what it needs to be. Once the rain stops for a day or so I may try it again.

So I re linked controller with AC. Getting out to 1600'. Going to take it out further after ARGtek mod. Now I just need to learn how to get cinematic! Oh and not crash the darn thing in the lake I fly over....

So I re linked controller with AC. Getting out to 1600'. Going to take it out further after ARGtek mod. Now I just need to learn how to get cinematic! Oh and not crash the darn thing in the lake I fly over....

Are you saying a re-link has fixed your issue?

Indeed it did. Took it out with antenna mod. 3570'. Wind started coming up,Got nervous and turned back. Will push it out further next time out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94