New P3P came in, 1 thing to watch out for.

Reaction score
I had a bunch of boxes waiting on me when I returned home this week. New P3P, Go Professional case, 4 batteries, hdmi board, ipad mini2 and extra props. What a haul!

I was pretty sure I'd need to upgrade the firmware, so I was ready with it on my sd card. To my surprise and consternation, it would not fully install. I would get 20 mins in and then a blaring alarm sound and red lights. I tried several different batteries, I tried installing an older rev. I tried several reboots. I tried just letting it sit with the alarm blaring.

I sat there and stared at it for 20 minutes. Then it hit me. There was a 1/16" gap between the fuselage and the battery. It was seated enough to power the aircraft. It was seated enough to "click" the clips. But it wasn't fully seated. Push it in further and bingo, it would finish the firmware upgrade and go into RTF. Must be for a brand new unit, the batteries fit really snuggly. I went thru each battery and upgraded them.

The controller upgraded just fine thru the Go app. The HDMI board was an easy 5 min install. My googles work great with it. It flies just great and the range is impressive. I got 47 mph with a tailwind. It's not as fast as my Inspire, but it certainly is quieter and probably more nimble.

Must be for a brand new unit, the batteries fit really snuggly.
Snug is a good thing. Some P2V+ owners watched their Phantom shut off mid-air due to the battery not being fully seated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl