New Model Phantom?

Reaction score
I am about a month out from buying a P2. Does anyone know if DJI have any plans for a new or update version of the P2?
Should I wait?

I don't speak from any place of official authority but I can tell you this: The Phantom 2 was released in December 2013 so it's only 7 months old still which is still fairly new . Then again they release the Phantom 1 in January 2013 so.. 11 months to gen 2.

consider this: try googling DJI Phantom 3 and you get absolutely nothing (except an April Fools post) and nobody around here has even remotely said anything about a P3

The Phantom 2 is a great platform personally I'd go ahead with it I wouldn't hold off just waiting for a newer generation

Great thoughts. Thought I might better run that question up the proverbial flag pole before I take the plunge.
Thanks QYV

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
obla di obla da...........life goes on LOL

Get it bought.

There's been zero speculation around a P3. Plus the P2 is a very good platform and vastly improved over the P1!

Phantom 3 features wishlist
* Automatic compass calibration (happens when engines are fired up or turned on)
* Anti-Collision
* folds up for easy transportation (like the Metro in Montreal),
* Text display on drone and remote instead of cryptic lights
* DropSafe (DJI announced it today for its S800 series)
* 4K video recording on the top of the line model and a 1080p & 10MP still camera on the lowest end of the line.
* Costs $350-$2000 depending on the camera and battery size.
* Flight recorder (for service calls etc.)
* Range extender built into the remote.
* Tablet holder (remote can be split so the tablet is in the middle like the future Bebop drone of Parrot.)

Would like a mini-version for indoor use.

rivest266 said:
Phantom 3 features wishlist
* Automatic compass calibration (happens when engines are fired up or turned on)
* Anti-Collision
* folds up for easy transportation (like the Metro in Montreal),
* Text display on drone and remote instead of cryptic lights
* DropSafe (DJI announced it today for its S800 series)
* 4K video recording on the top of the line model and a 1080p & 10MP still camera on the lowest end of the line.
* Costs $350-$2000 depending on the camera and battery size.
* Flight recorder (for service calls etc.)
* Range extender built into the remote.
* Tablet holder (remote can be split so the tablet is in the middle like the future Bebop drone of Parrot.)

Would like a mini-version for indoor use.

fry.png

Hey guys, quick question please. Just received my P2V+ in mail yesterday, flew it and it didn't go very far before losing signal. What could be wrong and what do I need to do to fix it? Thank you for the input.

Gianttonyboy said:
Hey guys, quick question please. Just received my P2V+ in mail yesterday, flew it and it didn't go very far before losing signal. What could be wrong and what do I need to do to fix it? Thank you for the input.

Two things to check. First, connect the controller to the RC assistant and select the FCC mode radio button. Second, ensure your white controller antenna is pointed up, perpendicular to the ground, so the side of the antenna is facing the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl