New Hubsan X6 (not really Hubsan !!! )

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I just noticed that the Hubsan X6 H107L and H107C are available. Visually, I can see that they've added a cage around the motors and the feet have been changed quite a bit. Does anyone know what other changes were made? I have one on order and I'll take it apart, test it and report what I find. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has any info...

Thanks...
-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Re: New Hubsan X6

I don't think Hubsan has released X6107l.

It more likely a Top selling X6, a clone one of Hubsan X4 107L. And you can check it on Ebay, just search"Top selling X6"
;)

RichardWendt said:
I don't think Hubsan has released X6107l.

It more likely a Top selling X6, a clone one of Hubsan X4 107L. And you can check it on Ebay, just search"Top selling X6"
;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sonofagun!!! They got me. :D

Even the packaging looks like Hubsan's. I'm such a nitwit sometimes... :oops:

Thanks for the heads up. I hope the **** thing at least flies decent... :shock:

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod

I finally got the "Top Selling X6" H107L. It may not be a Hubsan, but the paint job is exactly the same as the Hubsan X4 H107C. Other differences to the Hubsan H107L

These are manufactured by Yalilong Corp.

1) Small round feet as opposed to feet that cover the bottom of the motor cage.
2) There is a cage around the motors at the top. ( a good idea to avoid motor damage during a crash)
3) The legs are not breakaway. They're a solid piece, but much more "twist" flexible than the Hubsan.
4) Other than the cage around the top of the motors, the top of the X6 is very similar to the Hubsan.
5) The bottom half of the X6 has much smaller openings and is a bit more squat than the Hubsan.
6) Since the legs aren't clipped to the motor towers, there are screws at all four corners to keep the halves together.
7) The props have a hole on top (though the Hubsan and Ladybird props work just as well)
8) The X6 weighs 27.20 grams, the Hubsan weighs 28.03 grams... So they're very close in weight.
9) The X6 is much faster, more maneuverable and responsive than the Hubsan. It's like it's set up in between Hubsan standard mode and Hubsan Expert mode... This really surprised me.
10) The flight time per the same battery is nearly identical.
11) The motor towers are much more closed off than the Hubsan. You can't see any LED or motor wires at all.
12) The X6 is very slightly taller than the Hubsan.

This thing is a great buy at $39.99 U.S....

The weird thing is that I just put together a new Hubsan X4 H107C, with no camera, from parts. I bought a new motherboard that was slated as H107C, though I thought they were all pretty much the same. The flight characteristics of the Hubsan frankendrone are VERY similar to the X6. I wonder if I was sold a non-Hubsan main board...

EDIT:
It looks like there are two main board numbers for the H107X

H107-A43 made for the H107C (The faster one... )
H107-A34 made for the H107L

Also... The Hubsan remote does not work with X6 and vice versa.
You start the X6 by plugging in the battery (which starts a really FAST strobe effect with the lights.) Then you turn the controller on and you get a tone.

There's no "left stick bottom right and wiggle the right stick" to reset the accelerometers. (This is assuming mode 2.) You push the left stick all the way forwards and then pull it back. Another tone will sound and you're ready to fly. You can reset this at any time by putting the X6 on a flat surface, turning off the remote and then turning it back on and doing the left stick forward - back routine...

END EDIT:

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl