New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

I'm not really understanding the battery? Should I be ditching this battery?
Flight Time Deviation Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Cell 4
00m 07s 0.057v 4.053v 4.115v 4.028v 4.058v
02m 14s 0.061v 3.817v 3.878v 3.913v 3.945v

ALSO ,,,it says Battery Serial Number: 1564. I have 5 batteries but I dont have any that have 1564 on them??
And so far I havent found any with a serial # that matches mine ??What am I not pickin up?

ALSO .....Fricking WAY cool site. You have got to be one of those super genius people

Thanks. I wouldn't worry too much if you only had 2 deviations. The serial number is what's reported from the Data file. It doesn't match the stickers but should be the same every time you use that battery. I am investigating if I can get the full serial out of the data file.

Excellent site - just needs education on the part of some users (I'm thinking me) and a couple of wrinkles sorted out. For example there is no ability to delete uploads - this would help keep things manageable.
Also my battery readings are strange - minutes per battery and time per battery analogue indicators are always either zero or max, while the figures can be zero of each on a 7 minute flight or, on another, 649 minutes per battery and 36 miles. I'd post the pictures but it's late.. and I've got to figure out how. Uh, saw the upload file button..
Thanks. Yes I'm adding the delete option. With regards to the dials - please check out my reply here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...cks-for-your-phantom.51089/page-9#post-491304

649 minutes per battery is way too high though, and must be a bug - can you please PM me the flight number? Also the same for the flight with the 0 values please. I will look into it.

Thanks so much for the website - can't register though - the 'confirmation' email doesn't seem to be making it to my inbox. I don't see it in the SPAM folder either - thoughts?

Also willing to donate by the way - you've done fantastic work!
Hi Steve,

I just sent you an offline email. Please reply and I'll mark your account as confirmed.

Eran thank you for developing this excellent tool. I have a number of questions:
1 for someone who is not scientifically educated I find understanding the battery reading perplexing, is there anywhere you would suggest reading up about it in plain English?
2 I lost a P3A in a river, I am fairly sure it was due to drift. DJI argued it was pilot error, I had some evidence to dispute this but would welcome a tool to warn me if the new bird starts to drift. Can this be incorporated into the wind / controls tool?
3 I am staggered by the telemetry that the P3 has for a consumer product. What other information is available? Eg altitude info, photographic settings etc.
4 can you tell me if there is a written guide to the dji app it seems very comprehensive, but as I am not experienced or technically minded I could do with a good manual for it rather than you tube videos that are not always so helpful.

Well done, thank you
Thanks Bigcol.
1 - it's probably best to ask questions on this forum, at least until I get time to work on some documentation.
2 - sorry about your loss. Yes, I'm planning on adding some additional controls information in controls and wind.
3 - I'm still learning that myself :) please stay tuned.
4 - I'm not sure about that. Have you tried their user manual? it's available to download on their site (I don't think it comes inside the box)

Thanks Bigcol.
1 - it's probably best to ask questions on this forum, at least until I get time to work on some documentation.
2 - sorry about your loss. Yes, I'm planning on adding some additional controls information in controls and wind.
4 - I'm not sure about that. Have you tried their user manual? it's available to download on their site (I don't think it comes inside the box)

Eran
Will your app work for P2V+???

Thanks Bigcol.

Got my answer I read your site
thanks

Thanks. Yes I'm adding the delete option. With regards to the dials - please check out my reply here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...cks-for-your-phantom.51089/page-9#post-491304

649 minutes per battery is way too high though, and must be a bug - can you please PM me the flight number? Also the same for the flight with the 0 values please. I will look into it.
Will pm you asap.
One question in the meantime: what rationale did you use when deciding the threshold for major/minor battery variations, and indeed any of the dials where they go from green to yellow to red? Could it be that if I go back to the shop with what looks like a problem, they might tell me I have nothing to worry about and that your evaluation is alarmist?
Please don't take the question as a criticism, I just want to understand what criteria you judged the readings on.

Will pm you asap.
One question in the meantime: what rationale did you use when deciding the threshold for major/minor battery variations, and indeed any of the dials where they go from green to yellow to red? Could it be that if I go back to the shop with what looks like a problem, they might tell me I have nothing to worry about and that your evaluation is alarmist?
Please don't take the question as a criticism, I just want to understand what criteria you judged the readings on.
Good question... I basically browsed through hundreds of uploaded flights and got a good sense of what's normal and what's not. It's possible that your battery will be just fine even if you see a lot of errors, but I guess only time will tell. This site is really about giving you visibility into abnormalities and whoever sold you this battery may or may not agree with it. With that said, I continue to monitor feedback from people like you and will adjust the logic accordingly. For example, someone mentioned that they noticed that when it's hot outside, they see more battery issues. I cannot confirm this just yet as I am waiting for the data, but this is just an example that this is work in progress. Keep in mind that this site is online now for only about a week so please expect things to mature/refine a bit :)

BTW The delete option is now available!

PM sent
Also, would it be possible to save the feet/meters preference so we don't have to adjust it each time. Cheers.

You can now change flight title and add description.

Under General -> Overview - you can change flight title. This will change the label on the flight list as well.
You can also add a description at the bottom of the page.

Note that the title and description will not be visible if you share the flight link (instead you will get the date title). This is currently by design - you will be able to share title and description once the enhanced sharing options arrive.

I would love to get your feedback!

@EranSteiner Great stuff! Just one wee thing, Could it be possible for the time of the flight not to be in US time? My flight log csv files record the correct time, but on the site they appear to be out of sync by six hours. Nothing that can't be converted manually of course.

Great resource BTW!
Thanks. Yes, I have identified the issue with the timezone and working on a fix.

You can now change flight title and add description.

Note that the title and description will not be visible if you share the flight link (instead you will get the date title). This is currently by design - you will be able to share title and description once the enhanced sharing options arrive.

I would love to get your feedback!

Both features work great - thanks for adding. If I share one I would just as soon share it all including title and description.

analyse this "flight time per batt" is that possible ... new batt third time charged ???

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-08-27 16.13.51.png
    Screenshot 2015-08-27 16.13.51.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 264
Aug/27 fixes:
  1. Flight times should be all fixed now and the site should display the correct time for all flights in all time zones.
  2. It should also display the actual local timezone under General->Overview (inside the top left box with the flight time)
  3. The printed battery serial number information (the one on the sticker on the battery) should be now properly displayed under Power->Battery Cells and Battery Info. Unfortunately the printed serial number is not available in all log files: some versions of the DJI Pilot App on Android do not record it properly (they record zeros). As an alternative, there's another serial number called "Internal serial" which is presented on those pages, which can help keep track of the different batteries. This "Internal Serial" is based on the serial number that was previously displayed until today's fix.
  4. Major Deviations logic refinement - only incidents of 0.07v and above are counted. Stronger cells will not report as bad cells anymore - only weaker cells.
  5. Additional pages now support Metric/Imperial changes (not all pages though, still work in progress)
  6. Various display fixes
There is no need to upload any log files again to see these changes.

Please let me know if these fixes work for you!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka