New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

I'm not really understanding the battery? Should I be ditching this battery?
Flight Time Deviation Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Cell 4
00m 07s 0.057v 4.053v 4.115v 4.028v 4.058v
02m 14s 0.061v 3.817v 3.878v 3.913v 3.945v

ALSO ,,,it says Battery Serial Number: 1564. I have 5 batteries but I dont have any that have 1564 on them??
And so far I havent found any with a serial # that matches mine ??What am I not pickin up?

ALSO .....Fricking WAY cool site. You have got to be one of those super genius people

I wouldn't be rushing out and ditching batteries based on this site. I watched the battery numbers through an entire flight and they looked fine, but they showed bad when I uploaded them. Until we know more on how this works.. I doubt it is enough information for DJI to say 'oops, we'll send you another battery.' gotta love the site though. So convenient.

I'm not really understanding the battery? Should I be ditching this battery?
Flight Time Deviation Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Cell 4
00m 07s 0.057v 4.053v 4.115v 4.028v 4.058v
02m 14s 0.061v 3.817v 3.878v 3.913v 3.945v

ALSO ,,,it says Battery Serial Number: 1564. I have 5 batteries but I dont have any that have 1564 on them??
And so far I havent found any with a serial # that matches mine ??What am I not pickin up?

ALSO .....Fricking WAY cool site. You have got to be one of those super genius people
When you have that battery charged 100 % , put it in the copter and check the cell balance then.-- before you fly it. It is also extremely important to start every flight with a 100 % charge-- each cell should show 4.19 to 4.20 fully charged.

Flew 5 batteries yesterday to bring them down before recharging-- they were 65% or so when I started-- on take of and hover all the cell values started and remained at around 3.5 to 3.6 with a couple of variances over > .10-- which is huge--for cell balance-- flew each one at a hover about 15 feet off the ground and watched the voltages, they never got higher than the 3.5 to 3.6 -- landed at 30% battery remaining on all five batteries. At soon as the props stopped, all the voltages in each cell on every battery- rose and stabilized at 3.74 to 3.75 at 30%. This leads me to conclude that that the cell voltage and battery balance is lower at times during flight and could vary more that .03 during flight.. especially under load. Going to do some more testing and then upload the results and compare.

It is also extremely important to start every flight with a 100 % charge.......This leads me to conclude that that the cell voltage and battery balance is lower at times during flight and could vary more that .03 during flight.. especially under load.

That is normal behaviour for most batteries. I have a voltmeter on my depth finder and trolling motor, as well as on my strip lights setup - all of which run off deep cycle solar charged batteries. All those batteries exhibit the voltage drop. The same applies to even the 5v batteries I use with my Arduino projects.

I am curious as to why you say one must start with 100% batteries. Do you mean just for the test or as standard practice?

If my batteries have started discharging ( I have them set to 3 days), and I am not planning on flying cross country, I often fly with them starting at +-60% and I have not noticed any adverse effects.

That is normal behaviour for most batteries. I have a voltmeter on my depth finder and trolling motor, as well as on my strip lights setup - all of which run off deep cycle solar charged batteries. All those batteries exhibit the voltage drop. The same applies to even the 5v batteries I use with my Arduino projects.

I am curious as to why you say one must start with 100% batteries. Do you mean just for the test or as standard practice?

If my batteries have started discharging ( I have them set to 3 days), and I am not planning on flying cross country, I often fly with them starting at +-60% and I have not noticed any adverse effects.
Must is relative to the job at hand-- flying at 100 feet and 2000 feet away trying to get video-- voltage drain is unpredictable depending on wind, and loading on the electrical system--

Pushing the envelop with cell significant balance differences and lower readings is not good practice with lipos (experience factor here) and may the cause of sudden battery failures- when a cell drops dramatically below 3 volts-- and the total voltage then becomes too low to operate the motors. Re-stating that-- It is a must for me:):)

Excellent site - just needs education on the part of some users (I'm thinking me) and a couple of wrinkles sorted out. For example there is no ability to delete uploads - this would help keep things manageable.
Also my battery readings are strange - minutes per battery and time per battery analogue indicators are always either zero or max, while the figures can be zero of each on a 7 minute flight or, on another, 649 minutes per battery and 36 miles. I'd post the pictures but it's late.. and I've got to figure out how. Uh, saw the upload file button..

Attachments

• battery3.jpg
    battery3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 268
  • battery4.jpg
    battery4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 302
  • battery5.jpg
    battery5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Must is relative to the job at hand-- flying at 100 feet and 2000 feet away trying to get video-- voltage drain is unpredictable depending on wind, and loading on the electrical system--

Pushing the envelop with cell significant balance differences and lower readings is not good practice with lipos (experience factor here) and may the cause of sudden battery failures- when a cell drops dramatically below 3 volts-- and the total voltage then becomes too low to operate the motors. Re-stating that-- It is a must for me:):)

Unless you come home when your battery is down to 60%, non of the above makes any sense.

I have been flying 3 cell LIPOs for a long time. As with any electronics, any battery, at any given voltage, can die at any moment. If you charge your batteries with a quality balancing charger and adhere to the "discharge for storage" rules, you stack the odds in your favour.

Anyway, I am not here to argue.

;)

Cell voltage should be with in 0.02v rested, you will get wider gaps in use and thats normal.

DJI packs are HV so are 4.3v per cell fully charged.

if your getting any cells out of balance discharge you pack from full to 3.3v per cell then fully recharge again.

this instigates the calibration and balance.

Where or when we have to worry about our batteries .. I mean after how much cycles, i know it's different from batt to batt but overall health cycle ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the website - can't register though - the 'confirmation' email doesn't seem to be making it to my inbox. I don't see it in the SPAM folder either - thoughts?

Also willing to donate by the way - you've done fantastic work!

How do I get the log files from the DJI GO app? Can't seem to export them. BOO

Disregard I figured it out yeah!

Very cool!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Eran thank you for developing this excellent tool. I have a number of questions:
1 for someone who is not scientifically educated I find understanding the battery reading perplexing, is there anywhere you would suggest reading up about it in plain English?
2 I lost a P3A in a river, I am fairly sure it was due to drift. DJI argued it was pilot error, I had some evidence to dispute this but would welcome a tool to warn me if the new bird starts to drift. Can this be incorporated into the wind / controls tool?
3 I am staggered by the telemetry that the P3 has for a consumer product. What other information is available? Eg altitude info, photographic settings etc.
4 can you tell me if there is a written guide to the dji app it seems very comprehensive, but as I am not experienced or technically minded I could do with a good manual for it rather than you tube videos that are not always so helpful.

Well done, thank you

Hi Guys,

I would really love to use this facility but am having great difficulty in locating any .txt files from my DJI GO APP on my iPAD Air 2. I have plugged the iPad into my iMac and located the APP on my iPad using iTunes on the Mac. Amongst others,there are 2 sub-folders in the DJI GO APP called "FlightRecords" and "Logs" both of which do NOT open when clicked.

I use the cloud for backups and not iTunes on my computer. Do I need to sync my APPS on my iPad with the computer first. Very frustrating but hoping a kind Fella on here will point to the error of my ways...lol!

Hi Guys,

I would really love to use this facility but am having great difficulty in locating any .txt files from my DJI GO APP on my iPAD Air 2. I have plugged the iPad into my iMac and located the APP on my iPad using iTunes on the Mac. Amongst others,there are 2 sub-folders in the DJI GO APP called "FlightRecords" and "Logs" both of which do NOT open when clicked.

I use the cloud for backups and not iTunes on my computer. Do I need to sync my APPS on my iPad with the computer first. Very frustrating but hoping a kind Fella on here will point to the error of my ways...lol!
Copy the file into my documents and open it there

Copy the file into my documents and open it there
Hi,
I still can't open or copy the folder to another location. Am syncing my apps on my iPad truth iTunes to see if that makes any difference. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Copy the whole folder - save it onto your desktop. Then upload the files in the folder one by one to the website.
Hi,

I am still syncing to my iMac but it won't let me copy any files or folders. I can't even select the folder for some reason.

Thanks to All. Finally figured out what the problem was. Now look forward to next step

Reactions: happydays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka