New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

The Rudder response page is online! (under Controls).
No need to upload the logs again to see it.

Please let me know what you think!

The Rudder response page is online! (under Controls).
No need to upload the logs again to see it.

Please let me know what you think!

Looks very cool. Difficult to believe how much data is actually stored in the logs, eh?

Eran, please look at my earlier post (previous page) - the battery dials - and tell me what might cause that discrepancy.

Look at the attached dials - the minutes and distance simply do not gel?View attachment 28174 View attachment 28175
These 2 dials are showing theoretically, what would happen if you continue flying this flight the same way you did so far. For the left one - if you put the phantom under a lot of 'stress' like many ups and downs, or if there's a lot of wind and it needs to work extra hard, then this number will go down. For the right one - if you just hovered in one spot the whole flight, it would use that to calculate how much distance you would continue to pass until your battery reaches 0 (which, if you just hover, will continue to be 0). Does that make sense? So the right dial will be fairly small if you just fly around your house, and would be much longer if you fly 2-3km out. The right dial is useful for comparisons of flights with similar distances, if that makes sense. I hope that helps!

Reactions: Brad Pierce
These 2 dials are showing theoretically, what would happen if you continue flying this flight the same way you did so far. For the left one - if you put the phantom under a lot of 'stress' like many ups and downs, or if there's a lot of wind and it needs to work extra hard, then this number will go down. For the right one - if you just hovered in one spot the whole flight, it would use that to calculate how much distance you would continue to pass until your battery reaches 0 (which, if you just hover, will continue to be 0). Does that make sense? So the right dial will be fairly small if you just fly around your house, and would be much longer if you fly 2-3km out. The right dial is useful for comparisons of flights with similar distances, if that makes sense. I hope that helps!

Thank you. It makes perfect sense now. I did in fact spend most of that flight flying around just above me, while demonstrating the P3P's features to someone.

Keep up the good work, and add your donate button!

Eran,

Awesome work! I've uploaded about 10 flights so far and plan to do more tonight. Some questions for you on this tool as I'm super interested in how you're doing this.

1. What are you programming in?
2. Are you using DJI's official SDK information?
3. I haven't gone digging into the actual flight record files to see what format they're in, so let me just ask you... what are they using? SQLite? CSV? Something else?
4. And lastly, do you need some help?

:)
Thanks so much for the offer to help, I really appreciate it! I think I am good for now but I will definitely keep it in mind.
The files are just binaries and I wrote my own code to read it. I am still figuring things out about them.

Nice website, I like the warnings etc.!

How did you figure out the format of the flight logs? I couldn't see much of a pattern when I tried before.
A lot of trial an error. I am still figuring things out.

Great site, thank you!!

Couple of suggestions - can the log time shown on the left be customised for different timezones please?

Also once you've uploaded a number of logs, can a summary page show all owned batteries give an overall status, such as how many charge cycles each one has had, health of each battery, etc?

Thanks.
Sorry, I am not sure if I replied to this already or not. Thanks for the great feedback - I added it to my to do list.

Looks very cool. Difficult to believe how much data is actually stored in the logs, eh?.

Ya. It cuts both ways. Safety AND legal ramifications. Hmmm

The cat is out of the bag-- everyone's life is an open record anyway-- there are legal ramifications when we roll out of bed each day...:D:Dby nightfall you may have some hungry attorney chasing you. o_O

One of the best ramifications of your work is the ability to hold DJI's feet to the fire with information they believed that no one would be able to access. As a result of your work, I was able to determine that I have a very unstable cell 1 in one of my two flight batteries. I have already ordered another and written DJI to explore a warranty replacement claim based on the information provided by your site. Thanks brother, your work probably saved me from watching my P3P achieve an instantaneous vertical descent as fast as the "airspeed velocity of an unladen African or European Swallow!"

Wonder if your data can be uploaded by someone else out of the site? Not that we have anything to hide if we are following all the guidelines- BUT

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
Maybe the scaling on the right dial could be changed? Is there really an expectation of getting 9+ miles from a single battery?
it has to be like that ... min 200m .. max 10km

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT