New Guy - need help with tipping over

MrC said:
So you gave it full throttle and it popped right up? Did that fix your problem with tipping?

AND I will let you guys know how it all works out when I get the new propellers in the mail.

Also thought I would just throw this out there....I want to use this to add to my Real Estate Arial Photography Company...any ideas or anyone point me in right direction?

Thanks
Yep, went for broke and gave it almost full throttle. I was expecting it to act like a full size helo and be able to gently lift off the ground but it seems that is not possible.

xplorer said:
Make sure you wait at LEAST 10 seconds after the all clear to go Green flashes without any Red flashes to ensure you have 6+ satellites (the longer, the more satellites, the better), and MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN GPS MODE for liftoff.
I see too many guyes place their Phantom facing into wind, then standing behind the pahntom (downwind), launching in ATTI mode and not GPS ATTI. The Phantom will drift backwards and if the legs are dragging across the ground, it will tilt over.
Its a good reason to keep the prop-guards on until you have mastered the kift-off technique... see below.

As you add weight to your Phantom, you need to increase the attitude gains to compensate for the extra inertia.
Mine are at 250% and flying perfectly with gimbal, gopro, VTX, iOSD, propguards, LED striplights, LED headlight, Low battery Audio alarm, and a few extras.

Thanks for the info... Three questions:

1. How do you make sure it's in GPS ATTI mode? (When the lights flash green? Or is there a GPS ATTI switch?)

2. What is ATTI mean?

3. How do you change the altitude gains, and what would you advise to change the altitude gains to with just the vision 2 camera and prop guards on?

Cheers

Hi, I have the same problem as well. I did have a rough landing previously. Throttle speed does not correct. I have not recalibrated it yet. but my next option. Any help will be appreciated..

Exactly the same happened to me. I have to wait till the new propellers come in to check to see if calibration and the new screws added and all we talked about above fixed the problem or not.

xplorer said:
As you add weight to your Phantom, you need to increase the attitude gains to compensate for the extra inertia.
Mine are at 250% and flying perfectly with gimbal, gopro, VTX, iOSD, propguards, LED striplights, LED headlight, Low battery Audio alarm, and a few extras.

Here is a picture of what my gains are set too. Please let me know what the gains should be WITH prop guards on.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 12.28.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 12.28.07 AM.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 458
Hi guys,newbie here
Reading with interest. Bought the FC 40 a month ago and today was the first time to try out.
Alas, the problem you are discussins seems to be plaquing me also. The twist with mine is you get it off the ground and center the stick and it swings right and down she comes. the tipping is what brought me here as it does that on the ground too.
running with prop guards.anti jello mount any suggestions, help,help,help. Software is what came with it

Just flew mine today and the other guys are right, you MUST take off with full throttle, then relax the altitude stick once off the ground..... BUT once my phantom is in the air it seems to want to move right and down a little and NOT hover perfectly like it should.... Any suggestions for us?

I wanted to report back to everyone my findings after flying my phantom....so the tipping problem for me is fixed simply by learning how to just "punch" the drone off the ground rather than slowly...
Today I went out to our Gun Club and flew it multiple times getting footage of the Club and it seems to be hovering OK, but not perfect. All in all, the phantom is flyable, but still seems not to hover perfectly like it should. I am thinking that it is moving around (drifting on its own) more than it should because of the prop guards are on the drone. I think that the weight of the guards DOES affect its hovering a little. But once I get it about 300ft or so in the air with the prop guards on I just look at the FPV and it seems to be sort of stable but then again the actual drone is close to impossible to see.
I may try flying it later today without the prop guards since I "think" I have mastered the take off and landing.

On a side note...At one point in flying it today I lost sight of the drone in the air because I was so far away and it was windy. I was so nervous I would not get it back....BUT luckily the "fly home" feature actually worked (slowly but surely) and it landed like it should, right where GPS locked and it LANDED WITH EXCTLY 16%.

Think that covers it all.[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Good to hear you have it all figured out!

By the way, I do not ever "punch" the throttle when taking off, only apply a little more that half throttle and lift smoothly up to about 10 feet. I have never had my Phantom take off in any way other that straight up, not leaning, no tilting...guess they are all a little different in weight and balance... :D

I do mine a little less than full. Seems to be working fine.... But I still need to fly it without the prop guards to see if it is more stable without the prop guards.

I recently took the prop guards off mine. I can see no difference in flight performance. Stock P2V. I actually think I like the guards on a bit better. Much easier to see at a distance. I painted my front pair a day-glo yellow. Really stands out.

BTW, the only way to tell for sure how well it holds position is to do so on a dead calm day. If there is ANY wind at all you will see some drifting around as the craft tries to fight the wind to hold position.

I alway accelerate the throttle smoothly until about eye level. I let it settle for a short time, then go fly. I land the same way. Bring it back over the point I want to land, lower the throttle smoothly until it touches down then drop the throttle quickly to the bottom and hold until the props stop. So far so good.

That is a good suggestion, as you add weight,, yes increasing voltage to the motors does make it more responsive. That is all that is changing, It should be noted that it will decrease battery life, or flight time,,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl