New GoPro Stabilization Software "Prodrenaline"

I've been using ProDad's ProDrenalin for a week or so (before that I used Mercalli Plugin in Sony Vegas Pro 12). For 50 buck it was worth a try. I'll enclose a video so you can see the results for yourself. It seems to work ok...just ok. There is noticable distortion at the periphery. And you get the sense you are watching the video while high on magic mushrooms (not that I've ever tried that). See for yourself...[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iETfrc7CmlY[/youtube]

Wow ! how bizarre. It looked like the Phantom could "walk like an Egyptian".
And I think the trees were exhibiting abnormal behavior.
Or could it have just been the drugs !

yeah, unfortunately I've tried just about all of them, and in a quick need type basis they can do the trick, but I've found absolutely nothing will replace a gimbal. It just loses to much of the sharpness and clarity for me. A gimbal while it can be expensive is truly the ticket if you're wanting to get quality results (unless you are filming on perfectly calm days and even then it still picks up on all the little waivers from the props.

software can definitely help a bit with shaky footage,. including that shot with gimbals
tho as you might have seen,. the new brushless gimbals really seem to do a good job of of counteracting shaky movements
whereas the older servo gimbals are only good at trying to keep the camera level while the phantom pitches forward or left to right.

I only lasted 45 seconds but from what I saw there is no comparison to using even a cheap gimbal (re: the OP's question).

The horrible Gopro auto white balance issues didn't help either (hint: Protune and CAMRAW WB are your friends here). The cheesy sound track was exquisite icing on the failcake.

Please don't hold back next time, I really want you to express your feelings. ;-)

I've found that doing the fisheye correctioon in CineForm then using ProDrenalin for stabilisation and rolling shutter gives passable results.

Do a search for coupon codes, and you might be able to get 25% off.

At $35-40, it's significantly cheaper than a gimbal, it's lighter, requires no setup, and will give you reasonable results for posting on YouTube. Also, SWMBO will not notice a new bit of software but may query a new gizmo :)

Smooth flying also helps - the SW will struggle if you're really throwing it around.

A gimbal would be the way to go for serious video work, but if you're just mucking about I'd give ProDrenalin a crack.

The edge wibbliness is reduced if you use Medium FOV.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl