New flier needs help please

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the forum and need advice.

My Son showed up from out of town 2 days ago with little 8" wide drone. I've flown R/C planes for years but hung all my planes in the shop in 2006 and haven't flown since. That's until 2 days ago! WOW, What a HOOT!

The name of this little drone was a protocol but I forget the model? But this little guy was really a ton of fun and EASY to fly! Total cost was 39.95 for this thing. Auto take off, auto land, auto 360 flip.

Well, long story short, I WANT ONE!

My question: Can someone recommend something that's in the 100-125 range that is a larger drone with maybe a camera where I can view video and pictures on my computer with the features the smaller protocol had? It had about a 200 ft range. More range would be a huge plus but with my limited budget I have no idea what I can purchase.

I've years ago learned to ask people that know for advice before purchasing something you know noting about....

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Ben

Reactions: dirkclod
You would be hard pressed to find anything in that price range that would have a descent stabilized camera. You might take a look at something in the Syma series. They are not quite the size of a Phantom, but they do have a camera and are quite easy to fly. Needless to say you wont be impressed by the quality of the camera in anything in that price range. Just my 2 cents....:)

You would be hard pressed to find anything in that price range that would have a descent stabilized camera. You might take a look at something in the Syma series. They are not quite the size of a Phantom, but they do have a camera and are quite easy to fly. Needless to say you wont be impressed by the quality of the camera in anything in that price range. Just my 2 cents....:)

Fly Dawg,
I'll check Syma stuff out on ebay and see what they have. I've seen the price tags on some of the nice drones and they can get rather high. Ebay is the only place I've had the chance to look.
I just want something to fool around with and try to reignite my love once for R/C.

Your advice is worth much more then .02 cents to me!!
Thanks for the post!

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Fly Dawg, Reading some off the reviews on that drone, it seems most are pleased with it. I can't expect the very best for my budget.

Can you explain " Headless" please ? Also, does this drone have the stabilizers that my Sons had, gyro? The small one would almost fly itself, I know that's cheating in RC but it's helpfull when learning which I would be doing.

Thanks

For all of the different Syma series specs etc....see thier website. Many different ones to choose from. SYMA Official Site

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

dirkclod,

Thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate it! Already found help and info and haven't been a member an hour! Please keep the advice coming, I can sure use it as I've been had before by buying before asking questions.

Thanks to All,
Ben

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Folks,

Does anyone know why I can't read messages posted at the top right of the page? They wont open up..

Hello again,

I have a few more questions before placing my order.

Here are some other drones I've located on ebay and would like to ask your opinions. I deal with ebay most every week as I also collect vintage slot cars.

Here are the ebay item numbers on ebay and if you have the time maybe copy and paste these and give your opinion??

some have a range of 300 meters and that's a long way! The most I've seen so far in my price range. Maybe some you have heard of..

Item # 1 253033949885
Item #2 292351309174
Item # 3 292187691411

The range on these is to me is impressive if true and some are larger.

The Syma is very much on the list, just doing some shopping around and asking before purchasing .

I really appreciate any help
Thanks, Ben

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
Lots of options out there! :)
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor