new firmware

LOBRI said:
Checked Assistant software and the upgrade was available. Completed upgrade to V2.00 with no issues, set the max height and distance to 750'. Now waiting on decent weather to try it out.

So you can set the max altitude yourself?

yes you can set the max altitude... I believe with all versions

anyone know how to fix this issue ??? won't find sats after upgrade

i-mFs5KvM-L.jpg

Wow this looks like a a U.S. Senators Farm Bill.

d4ddyo said:
haha... who is gonna be the guinea pig?
March 26, 2014 PHANTOM 2 Firmware V2.00 has been released
ZENMUSE H3-3D compatible with PHANTOM 2 is released.
What’s new?
Main Controller Firmware
1. Supported of iPad Ground Station and PC Ground Station functions. When using iPad Ground Station, the BTU
firmware should be upgrade to V1.0.1.3 or above.
2. Added Flight Limits functions, including Max Height and Max Radius limits.
3. Added LED indicators warning, if non-DJI smart battery is detected, the LED flight indicators will be solid red.
4. Optimized compass calibration algorithm to increasing its resistance to interferences.
5. Improved battery level detecting methods to make low battery level warning more precise.
6. The maximum descending speed is limited to 3m/s.
7. Fixed the bouncing problems after landed.
Central Board Firmware
1. Supported of iPad Ground Station and PC Ground Station functions.
2. Supported of the H3-3D gimbal.
Assistant Software
1. Added Flight Limits page in Phantom working mode.
User Manual
1. Added connections when using Ground Station functions.
2. Added descriptions of flight limits.
Notes
1. Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using PHANTOM 2 Assistant Software V2.00 otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.
Apology
At DJI, we strive to provide our customers with the best products. Due to continuous R&D, we had to delay the release of the Ground Station function support for Phantom 2, until now. DJI apologizes for such a delay, as we strived to ensure that Ground Station was in compliance with various regulations worldwide.

Dynamic said:
anyone know how to fix this issue ??? won't find sats after upgrade

i-mFs5KvM-L.jpg

Have the same issue, just uploaded all firmware to current versions. Compass error message appeared on successful upgrade note just as yours did, went to the compass, it said calibration needed, recalibrated, no help. No satellites detected, flashing red/yellow.

Did the compass cal go OK? If you check in P2 Assistant afterwards do the compass readings look OK?

After the post I reinstalled the firmware updates, 3.0 and 1.0.25. When I checked the compass numbers they appeared to be within norms. Took it outside on top of the parking deck but it would not locked up with the gps, however I was no longer getting the compass error yellow and red lights. Flew it today, took about 5 minutes to get an 8 satellite lockup. It appeared a little wobbly for the first minute, but gained its bearings and was stable both. Vertically and horizontally. Descent. Was very smooth, and in particular the landing was a greased touchdown, nice and easy.

neiloakley said:
I'm reusing to go to 3.0 because all it offers is further restrictions on where you can fly.

The fact that it will land automatically when found within a zone, sounds scary to me!
And what about the flying limits? Can you set/unset the functionality? What are the maximum values?

anekdoto said:
neiloakley said:
I'm reusing to go to 3.0 because all it offers is further restrictions on where you can fly.

The fact that it will land automatically when found within a zone, sounds scary to me!
And what about the flying limits? Can you set/unset the functionality? What are the maximum values?
Go to the DJI website to see the restrictions and a good explanation on how it all works. While not a well thought out plan, they are very reasonable restrictions. Unless you live next to an airport your good to go.

They are reasonable for public safety in airports, this is understood and supported.

My concern is with flying distance limitations from the home point. It sounds like you can't fly while moving on the ground, like chasing a car for instance. The home point has been already set at take off, unless you can reset it while flying, there is no way you go further than the max distance limitation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl