new firmware

Reaction score
haha... who is gonna be the guinea pig?
March 26, 2014 PHANTOM 2 Firmware V2.00 has been released
ZENMUSE H3-3D compatible with PHANTOM 2 is released.
What’s new?
Main Controller Firmware
1. Supported of iPad Ground Station and PC Ground Station functions. When using iPad Ground Station, the BTU
firmware should be upgrade to V1.0.1.3 or above.
2. Added Flight Limits functions, including Max Height and Max Radius limits.
3. Added LED indicators warning, if non-DJI smart battery is detected, the LED flight indicators will be solid red.
4. Optimized compass calibration algorithm to increasing its resistance to interferences.
5. Improved battery level detecting methods to make low battery level warning more precise.
6. The maximum descending speed is limited to 3m/s.
7. Fixed the bouncing problems after landed.
Central Board Firmware
1. Supported of iPad Ground Station and PC Ground Station functions.
2. Supported of the H3-3D gimbal.
Assistant Software
1. Added Flight Limits page in Phantom working mode.
User Manual
1. Added connections when using Ground Station functions.
2. Added descriptions of flight limits.
Notes
1. Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using PHANTOM 2 Assistant Software V2.00 otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.
Apology
At DJI, we strive to provide our customers with the best products. Due to continuous R&D, we had to delay the release of the Ground Station function support for Phantom 2, until now. DJI apologizes for such a delay, as we strived to ensure that Ground Station was in compliance with various regulations worldwide.

Some interesting new features there. The max Descent speed for instance should help prevent crashes due to VRS.

Hello,

I installed the new 2.0 software but I can't upgrade the firmware on my phantom 2... no new updates found...
Any help?

Thx

Yves

I also installed the new Assistant software but no firmware upgrade to be found even though it lists it on the download page as V1.0.1.24 being the latest version.

Interesting...
WillyWonka-HowsThatWorkingOut-2.png

Email response from DJI Europe this morning said the upgrade has not been activated yet, try again in 24 hours. :(

Checked Assistant software and the upgrade was available. Completed upgrade to V2.00 with no issues, set the max height and distance to 750'. Now waiting on decent weather to try it out.

Installed all updates here in a few minutes on a Mac, re-calibrated everything, all set to run outside and test it out!
RAINING!!!! :(

I was so looking forward to this coming out, but I ditched my phantom in a river 2 weeks ago and i had already fitted the air side of the datalink module so I lost it.

I have the replacement phantom, just not the replacement datalink. Hoping it turns up tomorrow so I can try it out. Really looking forward to setting waypoints on the P2.

Flew it with the update late yesterday afternoon. Everything worked well. Limits seem to work well, keeps it to within 10' or so.

Flew it on a battery with 46% remaining. Battery level on iOSD was more accurate and the warnings happened at exactly the right levels. All else works perfectly so far.

Next is getting my iPad GS app updated when it is released by Apple...

Flown a couple of times including with the GS App. Seems solid. Love the iPad control makes doing aerial surveys way easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My BTU is on the latest firmware which won't connect with the current version of the GS app. I have to wait for the new version of the app to be release or downgrade my firmware.

Any ideas how I can rollback my BTU back to the old firmware?

I updated the firmware on my PV2 via a MacBook Pro and I'm happy to report the update was flawless, quick and easy. I immediately to it out for a spin and all systems are a go!

i performed updates and the uav flies fine, finally i have a green light on the BTU but no connection in the app... said incorrect firmware.
how do i update firmware on the BTU? i am only using BTU for adjustments and tuning in the field with no ground station yet just OSDmini and the BTU.
i bought all of this in january and i have been waiting, so i was excited but... no bonus yet! :roll:

Couple things...And forgive me I am new at this. I upgraded firmware of P2V just fine. Launched new Assistant and clicked refresh and it found update. But there was no other updates available. Am I missing something? Was it just the craft update? I plugged up my controller to the other program used to update the remote, but found nothing.

Also, P2V using waypoints? Is this an app update for the iphone yet like they said? did they make this work as is without buying any other pices like promised? Or is it people that jumped the gun and bought the bluetooth module for waypoint control?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4