New firmware caused my shell to crack !

A 3 second delay on an emergency stop switch would be a very strange thing.
I haven't seen or heard of this.
Can you point me toward anything where DJI say this?

Sure, its right there in the release notes.
Whats New: Number 4

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-14 13.21.41.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-14 13.21.41.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 356
Thanks ...I hadn't looked at the latest
I wonder if anyone has tested to see how that works.
It should be easy to hold the Phantom without props with motors running.

I have just tested after the update and can confirm the CSC takes 3 seconds to activate.

Imo if your in a tree or something, instant to 3 seconds isn't going to make a great deal of difference. The damage is already done.

Less accidental activations clearly over powers the Fact you might break a few props/overload a motor[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Loz
on my 4'th shell with my P3P.. one of the newer models with new motors and shell but still getting the cracks.. all 4 times fixed under warranty.. all they replaced each 4 times was the bottom part.. now guess what.. i have 2 cracks on the top shell so i need to open a case again for the 5th time. so sick of it.

on my 4'th shell with my P3P.. one of the newer models with new motors and shell but still getting the cracks.. all 4 times fixed under warranty.. all they replaced each 4 times was the bottom part.. now guess what.. i have 2 cracks on the top shell so i need to open a case again for the 5th time. so sick of it.

You might want to look into applying Plast-Aid to the shell. I put it on mine and so far so good. Cross my fingers [emoji12]

Ive had my phantom for nearly a year, no problems at all. No cracks, no flyaways, nothing. Just lots of fun flying. I cant understand why so many people have problems. Maybe I'm just really lucky lol.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
Same here, no issues until this and this is the improved shell so no idea what went wrong here.

What kind of flying do you do? How do you store/transport your phantom? While i appreciate they are weak points could it be related. For example if you store it in a case with the props on with the lid closed, is the pressure of the case on the props putting undue stress on the chassis. If you have a sporty erratic flying style, the extra strain could cause this to happen. What you have to remember is technically, your aircraft is hanging in the air by the four screws in the bottom of the motors. So whatever is happening to the motors or props could be causing the fracturing at these points.

Reactions: iAm
The flying in main is fairly relaxed stuff, done a few high speed runs but thats it.

As for storage its in a case only for transport and the arms are not under any stress as its a DJI case.
Its on a table waiting for next charge / outing rest of time.

The early shells were prone to stress cracks but surprised at this one, especially after so long without problems and 3 arms as well.

Injection molded components suffer from "knit lines" when plastic material flows around a pin and touch again behind it. This common problem can be strengthened by installing a Strong Arm before or after the crack appears; go to UAV Bits website for more information.

Bit late now and I think the consensus that there are no problems with shell V2 (ah hem ).

Its packed and going UPS to DJI on monday.

One thing that has been found to crack the shells of the Phantom copters is over tightening of the propellers. That puts a lot of strain on the motor screws and the shells just can't take it very well.

Bud

One thing that has been found to crack the shells of the Phantom copters is over tightening of the propellers. That puts a lot of strain on the motor screws and the shells just can't take it very well.

Bud

I don't understand this statement, the props attach to the motors, the motors in turn attach to the shell. Ergo, the tightness of the props has no effect on the shell. Loose props would be more of a problem due to unwanted vibration transmitting through the motor and shaft. Also risk of losing a prop in flight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Bud
Does not make sense, I hold the motor when putting on props, no force is applied to the shell.

Updated firmware no problem to latest for advanced.

Flew no problem.

Checked shell when I landed like I normally do.

3 arms have cracks on them now :-(

No crashes, no heavy landings.
firmware cracked the shell, that is unheard of. did you do any flips and rolls in the air.

I have the same problem too, I even had a piece come off right wear your cracked are. After looking over the hole drone I found two cracks ran from the motors all the way to the battery.. it's going back to dji for new shell.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor