New firmware caused my shell to crack !

Reaction score
Updated firmware no problem to latest for advanced.

Flew no problem.

Checked shell when I landed like I normally do.

3 arms have cracks on them now :-(

No crashes, no heavy landings.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    870.5 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 838
Joking about firmware as that works fine.

But I always check airframe after flight but this time very surprised to see al the cracks on arms.

I have not flown for about 3 weeks as have been away and I know it was ok then.

Forgot to add, P3 was purchased in January this year and thought I had missed all the earlier problems with shells.

This is the updated shell.

I understand DJI has slowed down the braking by 3 seconds which will definitely reduce stresses on shells. But this means DJI must have found a reason to slow it down which they are not publicizing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That is interesting, I thought it was a bit slower when I braked and descent seemed slower as well.
No problems with range or anything else.

I have emailed my dealer to see what they say on situation.

Looking at DJI site they say the "frame" is not covered by warranty, I hope they dont mean the shell.

Frame means shell plus landing gear ( outer structure) but design / manufacturing / operational problems like shell cracks are definitely covered in warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just looking I actually flew some 6 weeks ago, time flies !

Since then the drone has been stored in a cool dark place.

hmm, not good, dealer just said that its NOT covered by warranty.

I have told them they are talking rubbish.

No question from DJI when my 8 month old 3A developed cracks. They covered shipping both ways as well as the fix. Just be prepare that you may not get your original bird back. Seems like they send one that had been sent in earlier and repaired. The next guy will probably get your repaired bird.

Thats good to know (in part). Did you remove your camera to send back ?

hmm, not good, dealer just said that its NOT covered by warranty.

I have told them they are talking rubbish.
As long as you have a receipt and it's still under 1 year from the date you bought it, they'll fix it for free and pay shipping both ways. You'll likely get a refurbished unit since they swap out the whole thing. Just call them or chat with tech support from here: DJI Support - All Products

CSC has never been changed for the P3 series and is instant with no delay.
You are thinking of the three seconds it takes for left stick down to stop the motors after landing (which hasn't been changed either).

You are incorrect, they actually have changed the CSC stop time, they extended it to three seconds to help prevent aircraft power loss while in the air. Xx

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You are incorrect, they actually have changed the CSC stop time, they extended it to three seconds to help prevent aircraft power loss while in the air.
A 3 second delay on an emergency stop switch would be a very strange thing.
I haven't seen or heard of this.
Can you point me toward anything where DJI say this?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel