New firmware available v1.1.9

The manual says 30 IIRC. And that button says it limits to 15 degrees. It does go up past zero now. Probably not a big deal.

I haven't updated to this version yet but already got mine to do it by turning it on - moving the toggle in the app. (don't ask where)
It seems unlikely it would be changed by a firmware update.

Totally agree with you. When I complained, someone told me there was a toggle or some sort of calibration that was required. Never found it - the documentation is so good! (can you see my sarcasm sign?) Whatever the reason, I was tickled when the camera started working properly.

I'm recalling it said 15 degrees but perhaps I'm wrong.....let me fire up the bird and check
Ok i was correct about the 15 degrees. ...
go to gimbal settings then advanced settings switch "gimbal pitch limit" 15° extensible. With it enabled you can see front motor arms at full.

Didn't see this asked in here. With a new p3 if this doesn't update the controller and the tx is on the initial release firmware, how do ya update the tx then? If I'm not mistaken there has been at least one update for the tx, no?

Yes. One update for transmitter so far.

Didn't see this asked in here. With a new p3 if this doesn't update the controller and the tx is on the initial release firmware, how do ya update the tx then? If I'm not mistaken there has been at least one update for the tx, no?
Good question!

There have been two prior firmware versions that updated both tx and rx. I suppose you'd want to do 1.1.8 first on both devices, then 1.1.9 on the bird.

Dido - copter went fine and as expected. Controller did not up date and has the following message on the txt file it wrote:

"
6:11:47==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin,
Result:
Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Time to call support and see what happened. It would appear that the remote thinks it has the "9" version, but the last upgrade I did was to the "6".

Dido - copter went fine and as expected. Controller did not up date and has the following message on the txt file it wrote:

"
6:11:47==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin,
Result:
Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Time to call support and see what happened. It would appear that the remote thinks it has the "9" version, but the last upgrade I did was to the "6".
That is what should happen if you did the 1.1.8 update I WOULD THINK but I'm referring to a fresh P3 that's from what I'm gathering 2 updates behind. Guess I'll try to flash 1.1.9 and see what happens? Wish me luck!!

Reactions: Fplvert
It looks like they took 1.1.8 down!

If you hadn't already updated your tx. maybe you can with 1.1.9?

My guess they tweeked rx side and didn't change the tx so no update was needed if you already had updated. The updates are all ready getting frustrating.

Put the firmware bin in the root on a USB drive and plug it into the controller and then turn it on

I'm upgrading a copter that started with the first version, did the upgrade to 6 without issue. Going to 9 and the copter did fine, the controller left the message in my post above. I'm thinking that Fplvert is right ... likely does need the upgrade but... Called support and started as number 9 with 8 minutes wait, now I'm number 8 with a wait time of 35 minutes ... I'll post what I find out - if I don't fall asleep first :)

OK, I'm giving up for now ... Time keeps going up, now an hour... I'll try back later or hopefully someone here will post the answer.

Last edited:
This is what I got trying to do 1.1.9 on the controller....Guess I don't need to do the TX out of the box. Is there a way to check the firmware on the TX?

==========2015.05.23 16:35:31==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

Well, my Phantom updated successfully, but my controller is not updating. I put card in, sits there. Does nothing even after waiting 5 minutes. Tried turning off and on again 3 times.
Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.
This is also true if ya haven't done the 1.1.8 update too apparently. I asked above but haven't found the answer yet. Is there a way to check what version firmware the TX is running?

This is also true if ya haven't done the 1.1.8 update too apparently. I asked above but haven't found the answer yet. Is there a way to check what version firmware the TX is running?

Switch on RC and bird letting them connect. After that switch off all the stuff.
Then try this: take out microSD from the P3 camera and on a PC show hidden files on it. I remind that last week I saw a detailed log file about fw install proc with various versions... But I can't remind the name of the hidden directory.

Looking forward to receiving my Phantom 3 Pro'. . . . . .
. . . . . I know it's coming, eventually. But when? . . . . .

So meantime, and I am getting a little mean now, I saw it coming, & rear its ugly head in a thread earlier today.
So, while I and others wait our turn...I get to reread the various PDF manuals, entertain myself on the NUMEROUS forums, and burn out batteries on my tiny toy quads.
There are other amusements. Though, One would almost be lead to think, receiving this shiny new Phantom 3 Pro' , is all that really matters to me right now. And you know, you'd probably be right on the money.
Reading the threads of all the guys already receiving their back packs and Phantom carrying cases... More awesome news, for you!!

Come on DJI, on bended knee:
Please kind Sirs, Send another shipment of Phantom 3 Pro's, up to Great Hobbies in Mississauga Ontario, so they can part mine out and truck it up to Edmonton Alberta for me, and others waiting here "patiently".
But kind Sirs, that patience will eventually run out, perhaps soon, And I will happily pursue other avenues of cheap entertainment and mental enlightenment.
The stacks of Phantom back orders, must be beginning to getting caught up by now? Sir or Madam, Place the box's on the loading dock.

RedHotPoker

Is this firmware version 1.1.9 or 1.1.0009?

The name of the file that you download from DJI is Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.9_en.zip

But when you unzip it you get a bin file called P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin.

Reactions: BleuCopter
Does it really matter? My guess is that the file name is leaving space for future revision numbers, version 1.1.10 will be 1.1.0010, version 1.1.100 would be 1.1..0100, etc. The Version is 1.1.9

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart