New firmware available v1.1.9

Is this firmware version 1.1.9 or 1.1.0009?

The name of the file that you download from DJI is Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.9_en.zip

But when you unzip it you get a bin file called P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin.

You have it all correct. The firmware is version 1.1.9. Their naming convention for the .bin file makes it a little hard to know you have the right thing. You do though.

If anyone actually takes the time or bothers to read the release notes it clearly says:-

Notice

 Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.
Exactly! I started reading th first posts of this thread and I, thinking to myself that they all wanna jump and install fw without reading the release notes! "Why isn't my controller updating?" Lol smh

Got my P3P a few hours ago. Upgraded the machine (took about 25 mins) but tx didnt need anything.

Guys, this will be my first update and I'm terrified. I need a step by step on how to but didn't see it in this thread...

1) reformat so card (fat32?)
2)copy bin field onto card
3)insert card into gimble and turn on phanton, firmware update commences?
4)copy file onto memory stick
5)insert memory stock into RC and turn on. Firmware update commences?

Is that all correct?

Guys, this will be my first update and I'm terrified. I need a step by step on how to but didn't see it in this thread...

Is that all correct?

Yes, that is a good summary. I like to use the Lexar SD card that came with the P3 for this process, so I can just leave the file on the card. My regular cards used for flying get reformatted every mission (flights in one area, until I get a chance to dump to the laptop.)

Just follow the directions in the PDF file in the ZIP file of the update.

BTW - wrong thread, this update is 1.2.6 or 1.2.7 (P3P or P3A).

The correct thread is http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/a-new-firmware-update-is-now-available-for-phantom-3.45097/

Is that all correct?

yes, listen to the beeps, the drone will take 20 or so mins to update.

Is that all correct?
We can let some get away without mentioning placing the bin file (not the compressed) file in the root folder? Shame on us.

Reactions: bbfpv
I just tried the update on my Professional - P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin - first try, I had all the right beeping noises for twenty minutes or so, then when I came back to it - it had finished. Checked the text file - failed. So - reformatted, copied BIN file - reinserted card - powered up - now it just beeps very loudly, constantly.........

Any ideas?

leave it for awhile... it eventually restarts the upgrade and should complete in less than 30 minutes

The info you're seeing in the app is referring to the firmware in the controller. This latest update (v1.1.9) does NOT get passed on to the controller.

Says so in the release notes - the remote controller does not get updated.
What release notes are you referring to? The release notes on the DJI website for both P3P and P3A do not say the controller needn't be updated to 1.2.6 or 1.2.7. They do say that on the second page but that is for release 1.1.9.
I updated my P3A remote controller to 1.2.7 and it worked.

The firmware update on the P3 Pro took about 15 minutes.

At 5 minutes into update lights went out and gimbal went limp. Camera pointed straight down. Craft continued to beep the four beeps.

At 10 minutes into update lights came back on still had the 4 beeps with camera and gimbal back forward. Rear lights now flashing yellow.

At 14 minutes into update Gimbal goes crazy and does strange movements. Still 4 beeps.

At 15 minutes into update got the long beep followed by two short beeps.

Powered down P3, pulled SD card and txt file says success.

The transmitter got same 4 beeps but only took a minute to update and txt file says success.

My P3P was working perfect before the update, but I went an updated it anyway. I hope it is still perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers