New firmware available v1.1.9

That worked, put it in a closet for a little while and it eventually went back to the normal upgrade beeping, gave it plenty of time and it completed. Whew!

Wow. Same thing just happened to me! I did the upgrade. Did not get "success" and tried a 2nd time. When restarted, then, constant beeping as your described. Trying to re-load 1.1.18 constant beeping is going. on.

Are you OK now after waiting 25 minutes or so for the upgrade to start going?

Reactions: Villagio56
Scary to think you almost bricked your new toy... I only had 4 flights. Thanks for the advice!

DAMN_IT_JIM__cropped_250_pix.jpg

;)

Reactions: damitjim
That was mildly nerve-wracking. Worked. Definitely needed IMU and compass cali afterwards. I did everything right, but my on my initial update, I did not get the D-D-D-D. I only got a high-pitched whine from the gimbal. Waited a bit, thinking the beeps would come later. They didn't. Powered down. Looked at the text file, and it said "File corrupted." Downloaded it again. This time it worked. Whew.

Shouldn't be so stress-inducing and mysterious. Maybe it will get easier with the next 5 firmware updates coming this month. :)

That was mildly nerve-wracking. Worked. Definitely needed IMU and compass cali afterwards. I did everything right, but my on my initial update, I did not get the D-D-D-D. I only got a high-pitched whine from the gimbal. Waited a bit, thinking the beeps would come later. They didn't. Powered down. Looked at the text file, and it said "File corrupted." Downloaded it again. This time it worked. Whew.

Shouldn't be so stress-inducing and mysterious. Maybe it will get easier with the next 5 firmware updates coming this month. :)
They aren't quite domesticated. Everyone a bit different!
image.jpg

Well, my Phantom updated successfully, but my controller is not updating. I put card in, sits there. Does nothing even after waiting 5 minutes. Tried turning off and on again 3 times.

If you look carefully at the announcement of the update, you'll see that the controller does NOT get updated - only the Phantom itself.

I just did the upgrade on my P3P and everything looks like it went smooth but I'm seeing firmware 1.1.8 showing up in the app!

Anyone else seeing this?

Here's the log from my FW update:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

The info you're seeing in the app is referring to the firmware in the controller. This latest update (v1.1.9) does NOT get passed on to the controller.

Says so in the release notes - the remote controller does not get updated.

Changes? Observations? Poetry?

One "fix" I discovered almost immediately - the angle of the camera. I could never get my camera set to go up the 30-degrees it's supposed to go up beyond parallel.

Might have been my imagination, but the compass calibration went much faster and smoother and the IMU warmup was very quick. I figured I would eventually get used to the camera not going beyond level - nice surprise that it worked now without any kind of special switch or calibration.

The update itself went smoothly - mine took somewhere between 15 - 20 minutes. Got a phone call during the update and sort of lost track of the sound. One minor note - this is the second update I've done. The first update I did, the P3 didn't make much noise, other than that funny buzzing pattern it's supposed to make. This time, there were two or three instances where it made noises kind of like it makes when booting up. Scared me at first, but the update went fine and the "success" .txt file was there just as expected.

One "fix" I discovered almost immediately - the angle of the camera. I could never get my camera set to go up the 30-degrees it's supposed to go up beyond parallel.
I haven't updated to this version yet but already got mine to do it by turning it on - moving the toggle in the app. (don't ask where)
It seems unlikely it would be changed by a firmware update.

I haven't updated to this version yet but already got mine to do it by turning it on - moving the toggle in the app. (don't ask where)
It seems unlikely it would be changed by a firmware update.
It's under gimbal settings.....its the 15degree option

Might have been my imagination, but the compass calibration went much faster and smoother and the IMU warmup was very quick. I figured I would eventually get used to the camera not going beyond level - nice surprise that it worked now without any kind of special switch or calibration.

The update itself went smoothly - mine took somewhere between 15 - 20 minutes. Got a phone call during the update and sort of lost track of the sound. One minor note - this is the second update I've done. The first update I did, the P3 didn't make much noise, other than that funny buzzing pattern it's supposed to make. This time, there were two or three instances where it made noises kind of like it makes when booting up. Scared me at first, but the update went fine and the "success" .txt file was there just as expected.

My gimbal doesn't go beyond parallel even with the upgrade. Is there something else we need to enable?

I should of and didn't. Calibrate my compass after the firmware. Lesson learned. Make sure you calibrate your compass. I got 75 feet off the ground and got a flashing switch out of ATTI mode and the thing had a mind of it's own. I was able to land and calibrate. Flew fine after that. So, make sure you guys do.

Didn't see this asked in here. With a new p3 if this doesn't update the controller and the tx is on the initial release firmware, how do ya update the tx then? If I'm not mistaken there has been at least one update for the tx, no?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik