New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Also you continue to control some functions... Gimbal tilt, drone up and down, drone rotation...
Only the drone continues to go home...
I use RH sometimes to have film without the worry of control flight path...

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk
Yes I agree, there's no disabling of the RC when you activate RTH or you wouldn't have these controls. Now the half truth here, and maybe this is what "longdog" was trying to say. Is the RTH data is stored on the craft, the Home Point location and the RTH height. So the drone is in control of the whole RTH once activated. But I'm pretty certain using the Go app or the controller's S2 switch does not disconnect or disable the RC in any way.

Yes I agree, there's no disabling of the RC when you activate RTH or you wouldn't have these controls. Now the half truth here, and maybe this is what "longdog" was trying to say. Is the RTH data is stored on the craft, the Home Point location and the RTH height. So the drone is in control of the whole RTH once activated. But I'm pretty certain using the Go app or the controller's S2 switch does not disconnect or disable the RC in any way.

Thanks for trying to clarify my point. Perhaps it's more accurate to say the S2 flip is effectively a temporary disconnect of communication.
Think about it; what happens if you turn off your controller? It will RTH. What is this interpreted as by the craft? There is no signal? Okay, so go home. I think programmatically it's the same thing.

Thanks for trying to clarify my point. Perhaps it's more accurate to say the S2 flip is effectively a temporary disconnect of communication.
Think about it; what happens if you turn off your controller? It will RTH. What is this interpreted as by the craft? There is no signal? Okay, so go home. I think programmatically it's the same thing.

No I don't think so..
The RTH triggered by tapping the mobile phone is sent to the drone via 2.4GHZ uplink
IF triggered by S2 switch, it's sent through 5.8GHZ uplink
Both are different from a no RC signal RTH

Reactions: WilliamM
No I don't think so..
The RTH triggered by tapping the mobile phone is sent to the drone via 2.4GHZ uplink

You sure about that?
Sorry to OP for hijacking thread. But now I'm really curious as to understanding the inner workings of the RTH command process & signal (or lack of) transmission.

No I don't think so..
This was the working theory that I also had read and agree with, but from the technical standpoint couldn't say for sure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Still don't agree with this temporary disconnecting either, because of the fact that signal has to be lost for a full three seconds before RTH kicks in. And toggling the S2 switch wouldn't achieve a full 3 second disconnect. I use the switch method quite often and maybe take one second to flip it back and forth a few times.

Hi! I upgraded my 1.5.7 to 1.7.0084, but in the dji go app shows version 1.6.80+. Is this normal? The result txt showed success.

An freaking news on UPDATE..... Or is DJI sending all standard owners the middle finger.... This is just pissing me off so much.... 2 months since i bought this crap and i have spent more time on f.....ing google then i will ever do on the drone......

Ok, I tried the new firmware. The distance seem to be ok, with a windsurfer goes 670m (on 30m alt) , the weak image signal comes around 350-400m. A little more than 1.5.7, but the weak image signal comes earlier.

The altitude is unacceptable. 200m comes the monster "NO SIGNAL".

Overall. The new firm is better than 1.6.8, but worse than 1.5.7. The 1.5.7 is more stabile, more powerful.

I want it back. Anyway Who knows how to downgrade from 1.7.0084?

Ok, I tried the new firmware. The distance seem to be ok, with a windsurfer goes 670m (on 30m alt) , the weak image signal comes around 350-400m. A little more than 1.5.7, but the weak image signal comes earlier.

Overall. The new firm is better than 1.6.8, but worse than 1.5.7. The 1.5.7 is more stabile, more powerful.

all firmware is on here

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

In the US we're not supposed to go over 120meters, so 200 would be more than needed.

I know, but there is another problem. Can't downgrade from 1.7.0084. I tried to first 1.6.80 shows success, and then nothing, so 1.5.7 abort. :(

========== 2016.08.22 21:07:15 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.06.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.08.22 21:38:56 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

So this is the problem.

JPK

Have you managed to test the FW yet? Waiting to hear if it's been a success lol [emoji106][emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Andy,
I have my doubts, today made a test flight with my drone repaired by DJI.
I got a distance of nearly 600 meters, with a height of 120 meters. (CE mode)
This was with firmware 1.6.8 installed by DJI. No mods, no windsurfers, no argtek or DBS mod.
only stock antenna.
I do not know what they did during the repair, but it works as it should.
They have replaced the camera include the gimbal and the shell. (Cranks).
I even got a brand new free battery for the inconvenience.
Because repairs took longer than expected.
The bird flies great.
at this time I have something of ..... if its works do not fix it.

Should I do it anyway, it probably can not resist it.
I'll let you know.

Regards Jpk

If it works OK, leave it alone!! I have just flown mine for the first time since going on holiday to Scotland... got 450 feet out and lost fpv feed, although there would have been wifi interference in the area, but that's with the Argtek installed....really thinking about getting an Advanced and selling my standard and Argtek

Sent from my SM-T715 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If it works OK, leave it alone!! I have just flown mine for the first time since going on holiday to Scotland... got 450 feet out and lost fpv feed, although there would have been wifi interference in the area, but that's with the Argtek installed....really thinking about getting an Advanced and selling my standard and Argtek

Sent from my SM-T715 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've just done that.. p3s swapped with an p3p ... now need to justify the doubled cost.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT