New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Oh, you can turn it off? I thought I read somewhere you were forced to use it until X hours or something.

As you can probably tell I don't have my P3S yet, so I should sit down and shut up lol. Should have got it today, seems it will be tomorrow...

Took it off beginner for the first time tonight. So scary watching it just fly so far away. Think I only took it to around 60m high and around 120m distance.

So far no loss of signal although I do get 'loosing signal' flash every now and then but I still have full control.

Wait till you have done your first forced RH... Scary... But after you will love the function... Because you can move the drone to film without change his path..

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

I don't ever want to do a RTH. Soon I need to try some ATTI flying in case I ever need to switch to it.

I don't ever want to do a RTH. Soon I need to try some ATTI flying in case I ever need to switch to it.
You should at least test all three RTH's (Go app, S2 switch + failsafe) to make sure they all work, than you'll have the confidence they will work as needed when needed.

You should at least test all three RTH's (Go app, S2 switch + failsafe) to make sure they all work, than you'll have the confidence they will work as needed when needed.

Suppose your right. So for the failsafe would turning the RC off be the best tester?

Andy roberts,

I have my P3S back from repair.
Neatly repaired, test flight was ok.
Hopefully tomorrow testing new "beta" 1.7.0082 "
Post the results asap.

Jpk

JPK

Have you managed to test the FW yet? Waiting to hear if it's been a success lol [emoji106][emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Suppose your right. So for the failsafe would turning the RC off be the best tester?
Yes, it was the last of the three that I did for obvious reasons. Just be flying somewhere in a clearing, not too close to trees or anything else with the drone maybe 25 to 50 meters out, and turn off the RC. After about 3 seconds it should RTH. And if something goes wrong, just turn the RC back on and it will reconnect.

Reactions: gvsukids
For those worried about RTH, it's actually a beautiful thing. Once I learned that RTH was not actually an issued command to the bird I felt really confident it it.
Just remember that when you press the virtual RTH button, or flip S2; your not telling the bird to come home really. You are disabling any connection that may be hanging on which then is interpreted by the bird as "oh crap, I'm out of range and better go home".

For those worried about RTH, it's actually a beautiful thing. Once I learned that RTH was not actually an issued command to the bird I felt really confident it it.
Just remember that when you press the virtual RTH button, or flip S2; your not telling the bird to come home really. You are disabling any connection that may be hanging on which then is interpreted by the bird as "oh crap, I'm out of range and better go home".
In all my reading of posts on this and the DJI forum on the RTH subject I've never heard someone make this correlation regarding the function of RTH. Why do you think this is how it really works? And it's not a command coming from the RC.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ran a test flight on firmware 1.2.4 with 27dbi MOD and went to ~200m before losing FPV. At that point, remote signal is 3 bars. Not very satisfied but I'm flying in urban area and it is much better than my previous one!
Now I restored it to normal and upgraded to 1.7.84 and will try tomorrow

In all my reading of posts on this and the DJI forum on the RTH subject I've never heard someone make this correlation regarding the function of RTH. Why do you think this is how it really works? And it's not a command coming from the RC.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Also you continue to control some functions... Gimbal tilt, drone up and down, drone rotation...
Only the drone continues to go home...
I use RH sometimes to have film without the worry of control flight path...

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: gvsukids
Thank mate ;)

It has great difference in range in different places.We have post it it many times.Its due to the interference.

Hello blitzkrieg!Athens-Greece here too.

In Chaidari parks I get from 50 to 120m.
In Mandra village near Elefsina I get about 350m.
In Dervenoxoria fields I get about 1200m
In my village in Kalamata,again over 1100m.
In Syros island,again over 1000m.

No mods at all.This thing is cheap because it has the wifi video signal patent in order to keep the price low.In all other specs it is great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It has great difference in range in different places.We have post it it many times.Its due to the interference.

Hello blitzkrieg!Athens-Greece here too.

In Chaidari parks I get from 50 to 120m.
In Mandra village near Elefsina I get about 350m.
In Dervenoxoria fields I get about 1200m
In my village in Kalamata,again over 1100m.
In Syros island,again over 1000m.

No mods at all.This thing is cheap because it has the wifi video signal patent in order to keep the price low.In all other specs it is great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Not sure I agree that $500. is cheap ! But it's much less than the other two Phantom 3's.
On the FW subject, does anyone have a feel as to when it's going to come out officially ?
I'm not having any real big issues (does get signal lose more now than before) to try the beta.

For sure its not cheap,but imagine that building any other chinese clone (CX20-XK380) with a decent camera-gimbal and all these telemetry staff,will surpass by far the 500 and still you wont have the same results.A friend of mine tried it and almost reached the price of an Advanced and still didnt have the same quality of a Dji.

As far as the firmware is concerned,I'm waiting it also.

Thanks! I did that run again later; was too dark for a good video, and got about 13,500 feet out. I think I could do better with a better launch area as I was standing on a porch surrounded by a lot of wifi noise.

Hope you get your issue fixed! Ocean wind was calm for the ocean. But as you can see there was a little bit blowing across. I've learned there is hardly ever no wind up there. Thankfully these DJIs are pretty darn stable.

hey bro please tell me What is the method you used for upgrading the firmware?? is it SD card method??

I look forward to hearing it!! Hope all goes well. Obviously, keep it close for a minute or so just to check everything is fine with the upgrade/repair, then have fun!!!! I've found no issues as yet so good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

hey bro please tell me What is the method you used for upgrading the firmware?? is it SD card method?????

hey bro please tell me What is the method you used for upgrading the firmware?? is it SD card method??

I'm on the GA version 1.6. Something. Nothing special here except DBS and Sunhans.
Guess I got lucky?

It seems to be possible some people are suffering from poor Chinese quality control. Maybe it's a loose antenna wire in the bird or in the controller and not software?
I don't know, it just seems odd that some have such big problems and others are totally fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart