New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

My standard was sent in under warranty for a new board and i never bothered to update the firmware off the stock 1.2 or something when i got it back. Is this an update I should actually think about doing?

I decided to just install the firmware, and take the chance. No issues with the install.

I can report :
Prior to this firmware, using 1.6.8 - I was only able to achieve about 900-1000FT across from my house overtop the golf course, I live in a very crowded area so Its understandable my range will be affected here, I don't often fly it here anyways.
However, after this firmware installed - I was easily able to get about 2000FT in this crowded area. I could of went further I believe, but its getting a bit dark/windy out.

So... This may fix many peoples issues with range!

hey please tell me.. Did you upgrade straight from 1.6.8 to 1.7 or 1.5.7+ to 1.7 or else 1.5.7 to 16.8 to 1.7???? please tell me the order you did??? Thanks bro..

hey please tell me.. Did you upgrade straight from 1.6.8 to 1.7 or 1.5.7+ to 1.7 or else 1.5.7 to 16.8 to 1.7???? please tell me the order you did??? Thanks bro..

I did it straight from 1.6.8

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Went full balls out today and flew over water, no issues, no major signal improvements either. Flying over a lake should also give me better signal, which it did, but I noticed no major improvements over this than what I should have expected with a dbs mod.

Doesn't. Same pass.
Only drone gets updated if you're going from 1.6.8 . So you have to redo the mod on drone only.

I installed the 0084 version. The root password is the same but I can't access anything other than /tmp via FTP, which means I can't modify djileds.sh or the rCs file. Is anyone else seeing the same issue?

Cool! It's so nice there. The wind was challenging. Not that it impacted my flight much beyond reducing my total flight time. But it did worry me some days and I chose to not fly.

You'll see in the video I just posted that it's just beautiful there. The OBX are amazing place to fly.
Incredible range. Are you using a P3S? I think I may have my range issue fixed hopefully. I'll be back down in October and want to fly a lot more with better distance. By the looks of the ocean it must have been minimum wind. Good job.

Update on my 30-40meter issue - sent it in for repair, they still have it at the moment. I chatted w/ support and they said the "IMU unit was damaged/defective" or something to that effect. So I don't know if that means a physical piece needed to be replaced or repaired or if it's software. Sounds like it won't cost me anything. I will post another update when i have it back and let you all know if it fixed my problem or not.

Does anyone know the specifics of the "IMU unit"?

I believe the wind surfer is one of those little curved foil reflector things fitted behind the antenna,,?

Reactions: gvsukids
I have my drone back - it says p3 part 77 esc center board & MC & Receiver 900m(sta) and p3 part 74 rc 5.8g

Translation on what was done anyone? Will test fly tonight.

I have my drone back - it says p3 part 77 esc center board & MC & Receiver 900m(sta) and p3 part 74 rc 5.8g

Translation on what was done anyone? Will test fly tonight.
Sounds like you got new guts. Awesome!

Understood - appreciate the link!
I want to see if this fixes some range issues as well. Even with the DBS Mod installed, Im not achieving what I should be with the standard.
I'm suffering the exact same problem

Incredible range. Are you using a P3S? I think I may have my range issue fixed hopefully. I'll be back down in October and want to fly a lot more with better distance. By the looks of the ocean it must have been minimum wind. Good job.

Thanks! I did that run again later; was too dark for a good video, and got about 13,500 feet out. I think I could do better with a better launch area as I was standing on a porch surrounded by a lot of wifi noise.

Hope you get your issue fixed! Ocean wind was calm for the ocean. But as you can see there was a little bit blowing across. I've learned there is hardly ever no wind up there. Thankfully these DJIs are pretty darn stable.

Would I be right in saying you have to go down in order of release of firmware? I had to go from 1.6.8 - 1.5.7 as I had range issues!

Can I jump straight from 1.5.7 to this latest one?

I went from 1.5.7+ as had range issues too, but only video feed, straight to 1.7.0082 (beta version at the beginning of this thread). Flies perfectly and getting 2000+ feet with no video issues or control issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: mike710_0
I went from 1.5.7+ as had range issues too, but only video feed, straight to 1.7.0082 (beta version at the beginning of this thread). Flies perfectly and getting 2000+ feet with no video issues or control issues at all.

Andy roberts,

I have my P3S back from repair.
Neatly repaired, test flight was ok.
Hopefully tomorrow testing new "beta" 1.7.0082 "
Post the results asap.

Jpk

Andy roberts,

I have my P3S back from repair.
Neatly repaired, test flight was ok.
Hopefully tomorrow testing new "beta" 1.7.0082 "
Post the results asap.

Jpk

I look forward to hearing it!! Hope all goes well. Obviously, keep it close for a minute or so just to check everything is fine with the upgrade/repair, then have fun!!!! I've found no issues as yet so good luck!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart