New drone flyer (Hillsboro, OR)

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the hobby and am kind of new to the area. Any of you know any great places to fly, where I will not be able to violate any FAA restrictions or laws? Any parks or field areas suitable for drone flying? Please let me know. Thanks

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Brian,
Unfortunately you'll have to leave Hillsboro to fly thanks to the local airport.

There are plenty of places around to fly if you don't mind a little travel. You have the coast, Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Hellen's, waterfalls near the gorge, multinomah falls. I think it's clear in downtown Portland on the waterfront and I believe there is a club or two around Hillsboro too.

Welcome and enjoy

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Brian Foronda
Cool....I don't mind travelling eastside of Portland. I will check these places out. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: lookin4pain
Welcome, you can fly downtown just cant be on the "boardwalks" and or any park or "grassy" area as i was told by a park ranger, nogo on the mt hood as well(timberline lodge area) other than that its all free game as long as ur careful.

Reactions: Brian Foronda
Welcome, you can fly downtown just cant be on the "boardwalks" and or any park or "grassy" area as i was told by a park ranger, nogo on the mt hood as well(timberline lodge area) other than that its all free game as long as ur careful.

Thanks for the advice, Matt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl