New DJI Phantom? what is this?

Reaction score
what is this? a new phantom? what are those three black dots?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 642
Where did you find this pic?

The hole on top could be for fpv antenna?

Looks like the battery pack in curved on the back as well.

Supposed to be a collision avoidance system??

Frank Wang has talked about collision avoidance recently, I wouldn't be surprised if that's it. This may only be a concept, but I'm kind of worried about the Phantom platform just gaining more and more weight while staying on the 2212 motors.

Doono said:
That's two batteries ?

It looks like the same bowling ball/coconut holes as on the front to me. There's too much curvature for it to be a "standard" battery tray, and probably little reason to go with two batteries side by side rather than one large all the way through (but that's right in the middle of the top shell and would take up all the space for the NAZA and mainboard).

Yes this is a collision avoidance system.
It is a replacement top shell with the electronics

OI Photography said:
^^What he said. Here's the full details: http://www.panoptesuav.com/

Thanks for sharing!

I'm really interested on this that I ended up "reserving" below the site.

I set my price range at $150-220 on the reservation because that's how much I feel I would pay for without hesitation. Any higher is out of my budget.

I hope they pick me for beta testing too! I live in a pretty dense neighborhood and I wouldn't mind proving that this product works. :lol:

After studying this modification,
I see one problem.
There isn't a sensor for the rear of the craft.
So I am not sure it can detect you backing into something.

Sounds like they're combining IR vision and ultrasonic sensors. I would have thought LiDAR would give equally good results with less equipment and less computational overhead. Curious to know how they're interfacing to the FC. Are they hijacking the S.BUS or sending command through the CAN bus?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl